• no

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • jesus wrote the consitiution

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • are you fucking nuts?!

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jesus wrote the constitution?! LOL! Who came up with that one?

I voted no. I would never agree to a state religion or a government religion. I don't believe any Christian would. It's nonsense. - Jeri
Jesus wrote the Constitution, according to painting in weird press release.

Filed Under: News

POSTED: Friday, September 9, 2011, 3:49 PM

A painting of Jesus presenting the Founding Fathers and fellow Americans past and present with the Constitution is a creative solution to the nagging problem of the separation of church and state, according to a press release someone named Julie sent me.

It is also the perfect representation of the fused Tea Party libertarianism and religious right conservatism that we see in the persons of Rick Perry and Michele Bachmann. This painting is not, however, running for president.

"One Nation Under God" was painted by Jon McNaughton, a guy who is “an established artist whose new paintings have attracted the international attention of millions over the last two years. This painting video has over 3.3 million views on YouTube alone! Highly detailed religious and patriotic subjects are the focus of his paintings.”

Aside from Jesus gifting us the Constitution, the painting features proud soldiers, a black college student reading a weird book favored by Glenn Beck called the 5,000 Year Leap, a Supreme Court Justice ashamed that he is a baby murderer, and a liberal media reporter “biased towards the left and try[ing] to shape the thinking and actions of Americans in that direction.”

One of the soldiers pictured is a black man who "happens to have the last name of 'King' on his body armor. He could stand as a tribute to Martin Luther King Jr. - a great leader of American Civil Rights." He could. McNaughton's not sure.

McNaughton is available for interviews, and is eager to discuss his “hopes for America’s youth and the symbolism behind his painting.” You can take an interactive tour of the painting at his website, but please do think about where the money is going before you make a rash and ironic decision to shell out $29.95 for a piece of Tea Party kitsch.

Posted by Daniel Denvir

"Each state in the union is sovereign and may independently determine how that state may make laws respecting an establishment of religion," it states.

If this were true, all 50 states could choose an official state religion. Conceivably, they could all choose the same religion, making it national. This would be unconstitutional.
you're right, if the poll is correct (not mine, the huffpost poll) then 1/3 of Americans don't know dick about the constitution or don't care because according to them god's (aka Jesus's) laws cancel out mans laws.

Forum List

Back