"protecting" And "serving"

Taz, you say you don't trust your local police department. I trust my local police department and pretty much every other LEO in this country a thousand times more than I trust all but a small handful of people whom I personally know. Hell, I trust them more than a majority of my family members.

Then again, I go out of my way to avoid interacting with officers any more than is absolutely necessary. I don't give them a reason to stop me. I don't live in or even visit neighborhoods where there is significant criminal activity. I am prepared to defend myself and my home rather than calling a cop to protect me.

Maybe if more people would FOLLOW THE LAWS, this wouldn't be so much of an issue.

You go out of your way to avoid them and you trust them more than your family members?

Tell us about your family

“May as well just start an ongoing thread of all the police abuse around the nation since it's pretty much a daily occurrence now.”

You can title the thread the “Repository of Hasty Generalization Fallacies.”

With the state declaring new stuff to be against the law daily.

Part of the job of a citizen is keeping track of the laws.

The job of the police is to make sure that when they raid a house, they raid the right one too. Funny how they seem to fuck that up on a regular occurrence....

Michigan Cops Raid Wrong House Shoot Beloved 15-Year-Old Dog

NC deputies raid wrong house in drug investigation

Man Dies in Police Raid on Wrong House
L E B A N O N, Tenn.
By Vicki Brown

Share on email
143 Comments
A 61-year-old man was shot to death by
police while his wife was handcuffed in another room during a drug
raid on the wrong house.
Police admitted their mistake, saying faulty information from a drug informant contributed to the death of John Adams Wednesday night. They intended to raid the home next door.
The two officers, 25-year-old Kyle Shedran and 24-year-old Greg Day, were placed on administrative leave with pay.
Man Dies in Police Raid on Wrong House - ABC News

And I can go on and on and on and on.

The police are no longer to be trusted and I have been involved in law enforcement for decades. I've known some fantastic cops over the years. However, those days are long passed. The current breed of cop is nothing like prior generations.

Taz, you say you don't trust your local police department. I trust my local police department and pretty much every other LEO in this country a thousand times more than I trust all but a small handful of people whom I personally know. Hell, I trust them more than a majority of my family members.

Then again, I go out of my way to avoid interacting with officers any more than is absolutely necessary. I don't give them a reason to stop me. I don't live in or even visit neighborhoods where there is significant criminal activity. I am prepared to defend myself and my home rather than calling a cop to protect me.

Maybe if more people would FOLLOW THE LAWS, this wouldn't be so much of an issue.

You go out of your way to avoid them and you trust them more than your family members?

Tell us about your family

Don't bother. He's a psycho.

You guys realize this thread is a perfect illustration of the need to get rid of lowered standards for minorities don't you?

By minorities I mean ANY group who can't meet standards. Fats/gays/women/blacks/angry short men I don't care if they can't meet standards don't hire them.

You guys realize this thread is a perfect illustration of the need to get rid of lowered standards for minorities don't you?

By minorities I mean ANY group who can't meet standards. Fats/gays/women/blacks/angry short men I don't care if they can't meet standards don't hire them.

Telling...non of the unqualified groups you listed noted anyone white.

Telling...non of the unqualified groups you listed noted anyone white.

what?

And this is one month after he was just charged with child molestation, yet was allowed to make bail and continue working as a police officer.

Birmingham police officer charged with first-degree rape in Alabaster AL.com

I believe a cop charged with a crime should be suspended with pay until their case is dispensed.

They shouldn't automatically be fired, because innocent until proven guilty and all that, but they should be off the street nonetheless.

I can agree with that. I also believe breaking the public trust should bring a higher penalty than the average Joe receives.

Blah blah...blah blah blah....blah blah.

Cops are hired from the general population. The general population is morally bankrupt. Thus...some cops will be too. Perfect humans dont exist.

Forum List

Back