PSE customer upset over racist password in email

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest

Puget Sound Energy is apologizing after a customer received an email with a racist word.

Author: Elisa Hahn
Published: 5:12 PM PDT August 1, 2018
Updated: 6:42 PM PDT August 1, 2018

Puget Sound Energy has issued an apology after a customer received an email with a racist word. The customer, who is African American, said she became more upset about the way the company initially handled her complaint.

Erica Conway of Renton tried to pay her Puget Sound Energy bill online Monday but forgot her password for her account. She clicked on a button to generate a temporary one to access her account.

Typically, the third-party software sends a customer an email with the randomly generated combination of letters and numbers.

But for Conway, part of the combination spelled out the n-word.​

She contacted the utility and spoke with an agent in the call center. She said that's when offensive became unbelievable.

"I said, 'Do you not screen for offensive words?' And [the customer service agent] said, 'Yeah we do.' I said, 'Do you screen for this word?' And she said, 'No, why would we?'

Conway said she couldn't believe it.

'We're in 2018. You mean to tell me you've never heard this word before?' And she said, 'Yeah, in the movies by African Americans. And I said I think we need to stop this conversation.'"

"We are so sorry we offended this customer," said Janet Kim, PSE spokesperson.
What are the odds lol ....

Conway happens to be a board member for the Seattle NAACP.

"I'd really like to sit down with them. I really would. I feel like something has to be done," she said.​

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

Puget Sound Energy is apologizing after a customer received an email with a racist word.

Puget Sound Energy has issued an apology after a customer received an email with a racist word. The customer, who is African American, said she became more upset about the way the company initially handled her complaint.

Erica Conway of Renton tried to pay her Puget Sound Energy bill online Monday but forgot her password for her account. She clicked on a button to generate a temporary one to access her account.

Typically, the third-party software sends a customer an email with the randomly generated combination of letters and numbers.

Conway happens to be a board member for the Seattle NAACP

I'm calling BULLSHIT! I think she wrote the email herself OR the blurred words say something else....simple as that....stupid bitch needs to stop WHINING.

I'm calling BULLSHIT! I think she wrote the email herself OR the blurred words say something else....simple as that....stupid bitch needs to stop WHINING.
My best friend works for PSE. I texted him an hour ago. This is what we said...

Me: PSE customer upset over racist password in email
Me: Your computers are racist.

Friend: lol, i know all about this.
Friend: tried to call you earlier to tell you. cant wait to tell you the real story.
Friend: remember, i heard the call. shes crazy

Me: crazy how?

Friend: ill tell you later. ill call you tomorrow

So ill find out tomorrow morning what this crazy bitch said on the phone call. Ill be sure to let you guys know.

Friend: tried to call you earlier to tell you. cant wait to tell you the real story.

So ill find out tomorrow morning what this crazy bitch said on the phone call. Ill be sure to let you guys know.
HA! I can't wait! I knew it was bullshit...its just TOO perfect she works for the NAACP and this supposedly happened to her.

Somebody did that on purpose. The algorithm used to generate a password would not pick a word for a password and like you stated it would include numbers.

Somebody did that on purpose. The algorithm used to generate a password would not pick a word for a password and like you stated it would include numbers.

Wow! You are the most paranoid person I've ever known!

Reading also seems to be a problem for you but, of that, I'm not surprised. Is this sentence incomprehensible to you?

"But for Conway, part of the combination spelled out the n-word."

Reading also seems to be a problem for you but, of that, I'm not surprised. Is this sentence incomprehensible to you?

Maybe you were too retarded to understand my post. A password generator will not spell out a word in the password.

Maybe you were too retarded to understand my post. A password generator will not spell out a word in the password.
Even if it did generate actual words I can't imagine an application that wouldn't filter out "obscene" or offensive words.

"nigga" isnt a word. Its slang.

HA! I can't wait! I knew it was bullshit...its just TOO perfect she works for the NAACP and this supposedly happened to her.
Unfortunately, my buddy made me promise not to say anything to anyone. Hes afraid of losing his job, but lets just say this woman was wrong and a total bitch.

She contacted the utility and spoke with an agent in the call center. She said that's when offensive became unbelievable.

"I said, 'Do you not screen for offensive words?' And [the customer service agent] said, 'Yeah we do.' I said, 'Do you screen for this word?' And she said, 'No, why would we?'

Conway said she couldn't believe it.

'We're in 2018. You mean to tell me you've never heard this word before?' And she said, 'Yeah, in the movies by African Americans. And I said I think we need to stop this conversation.'"

"We are so sorry we offended this customer," said Janet Kim, PSE spokesperson.
What are the odds lol ....

Conway happens to be a board member for the Seattle NAACP.

"I'd really like to sit down with them. I really would. I feel like something has to be done," she said.​
Random letters that don't spell out the whole word? What a clown. Some people just spend too much time being a victim and finding something to complain about.

Used my password generator 40 times in a row and never once did it come up with a readable word.

View attachment 208145
Who cares about YOUR password generator. Did you try using PSE's password generator? If you used it today, youd find that they no longer have vowels, so no words can be made ever again in the future. They wont even be able to make words that arent actually words, like "nigga".

It spelled narcissistic ?

Forum List

Back