Public breast feeding

Should we allow breast feeding in public?

• Heck yeah, I love all breasts

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 37 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Heck no, I hate all breasts

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
it is as natural as eating food, yet, this country seems to have a phobia about breastfeeding in public.

should it be done? should it be done and covered with a blanket?

Country Club Snubs Breastfeeding MomA Belgian mother and her diplomat husband were thrown out of a posh country club after she breastfed at the table, according to a story published Sunday in the New York Post.

More on Yahoo! Shine: Kate Middleton Breastfeeding Portrait Causes Controversy, Naturally

Tom Neijens, 36, the first secretary of the Belgium Mission to the U.N., and his wife, Roseline Remans, 34, had stopped by the Metropolis Country Club in White Plains recently to eat lunch. Although they weren’t members, they were seated on the terrace along with other diners.

More on Yahoo! Danish Mothers Hold Public Breastfeeding Protest

Remans reportedly began to inconspicuously breastfeed her daughter Luka at the table when a female supervisor approached and asked her to leave. “She said, ‘Please leave immediately, you are disturbing the members,'" Neijens told the New York Post.

Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs

you're poll doesn't line up with your story.

they got tossed from a club, not yanked from a public park

aside from that

freedom, warts and all

property rights. owner of the club decides what goes on inside

She's not a member of the club and is making demands? As a guest she follows the rules or leaves. There is no special permission to disturb the people who paid for their membership.

Women who have a desire to breastfeed in public are frustrated strippers. Be honest get paid for flashing your tits.

I see nothing wrong with it. But if it is disturbing people in an establishment, she should find somewhere to feed her baby out of view. That's it. I voted yes.

Yes, there is nothing wrong with breastfeeding in public. I do think, out of courtesy for others that you use a wrap of some kind, and if it is disturbing the guests, you find some place more secluded if possible. But it most definitely should be allowed.

Sorry to quibble, but breast feeding in a private Country Club is not the same as breast feeding in public.

The Club has the right to set its standards of behavior to support a comfortable environment for its members.

BreastFeeding.jpeg

Breastfeeding in public is going to be watched. Women need to accept it or don't do it.

Why do you think they do it? They want to be watched.

Oh, puh-leeze. A mother with a crying baby who is carting around a bunch of baby care equipment and accessories just wants to get the feeding job done. There may be an exhibitionist fringe element, but the majority are just moms trying to cope.

you're poll doesn't line up with your story.

they got tossed from a club, not yanked from a public park

aside from that

freedom, warts and all

property rights. owner of the club decides what goes on inside

fair enough, however, the property owner is considered bound by most 'public' law if they hold themselves out to the public. don't forget also the commerce clause the us congress used to force private restaurants to serve black citizens.

What is the problem with that? Obviously, given the choice every woman would prefer to do it in private, but I do not see any problem with a mother feeding the baby in public when it is necessary.

well-mannered public usually tries to look in other direction.
Not that well-mannered stares.
Stupid one gets "offended"

What is the problem with that? Obviously, given the choice every woman would prefer to do it in private, but I do not see any problem with a mother feeding the baby in public when it is necessary.

well-mannered public usually tries to look in other direction.
Not that well-mannered stares.
Stupid one gets "offended"

there's staring and there's "looking at" . A breast feeding woman in the middle of a room is gonna get looked at.

Forum List

Back