Public Education and Linguistic Imperialism

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
Is it long past time that America stopped forcing English on its 3rd World peoples and instead teach them in their own native languages?

It would seem imperialistic and Racist to teach black youths the tongue of Dead Honkies, instead of educating them in Bemba, Yoruba, Swahili and Zulu.

Aren't these languages more appropriate for 3rd world youths? Shouldn't they be given lessons in the great literature of Tutsi and Ibo authors instead of Shakespeare, Melville, Hawthorne and other room-temperature crackers?

Is it long past time that America stopped forcing English on its 3rd World peoples and instead teach them in their own native languages?

It would seem imperialistic and Racist to teach black youths the tongue of Dead Honkies, instead of educating them in Bemba, Yoruba, Swahili and Zulu.

Aren't these languages more appropriate for 3rd world youths? Shouldn't they be given lessons in the great literature of Tutsi and Ibo authors instead of Shakespeare, Melville, Hawthorne and other room-temperature crackers?

What about Klingon and Romulan?

Good grief, a terrestrial bigot...

Many years ago Senator Hayakawa of Hawaii suggested a Constitutional Amendment making English the official language of the United States. He was roundly mocked for his reasonable suggestion. Can dead people say, "I told you so!"?

Many years ago Senator Hayakawa of Hawaii suggested a Constitutional Amendment making English the official language of the United States. He was roundly mocked for his reasonable suggestion. Can dead people say, "I told you so!"?

correction: Hayakawa represented California, not Hawaii.

Nope. If the native language is important to the 3rd world countrymen, they should stay in their native land. These people are desiring to come to America to take part in the American experience--that experience includes speaking the language of the country. I would not go to a another nation and expect them to speak my language or to cater to my culture.

Forum List

Back