🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pubs trying to kill $2.6 trillion less spending on healthcare thru 2019

The source "The Urban Institute" is nothing but a propaganda arm of the democrat party. It was established by LBJ to promote the "War on Poverty" (how did that work out?)

^^^I'm happy for you.^^^

Don't need or want your sympathy.

Wonderful life on this end too. I retired at 54.

Congratulations for finally paying off your mortgage. That's a big day. I remember it well back when I was in my 40's.

What's with the 'parasite' crap? That's a cop out for someone that can't defend their hateful political philosophy.

What's with the 'parasite' crap? That's a cop out for someone that can't defend their hateful political philosophy.

Here ya go:

par·a·site
ˈperəˌsīt/
noun
noun: parasite; plural noun: parasites
an organism that lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the host's expense.
  • derogatory
    a person who habitually relies on or exploits others and gives nothing in return.
Obamacare is a collectivist government DMV level of excellence program that chooses who is the parasite and who is the host. And you're good with that. Says a lot about your character. How generous you leftists are with other people's money.

martybegan 14571355
Wait, you are changing the topic. Why, with all these savings, I am paying more for less

I didn't change the subject. You oppose a couple trillion in health care lower costs because you claim yours has gone up. So I tried to advise you away out of your predicament by supporting single payer. But you can't do that because because you lean toward Republicanism.

So you oppose lower healthcare costs and since you want to be miserable you want everyone to be miserable. You want people with a pre-existing health condition to go broke paying medical bills. You want people who lose a job through no fault of their own to not have insurance and suffer and die so you can have what you possibly imagine as the same perfect insurance that you had before the ACA.

So you oppose lower healthcare costs and since you want to be miserable you want everyone to be miserable. You want people with a pre-existing health condition to go broke paying medical bills. You want people who lose a job through no fault of their own to not have insurance and suffer and die so you can have what you possibly imagine as the same perfect insurance that you had before the ACA.

How do you know what Marty thinks? How do you know Marty wants to be miserable? I've never known anyone who wanted that. Please tell us how you know this to be true. :popcorn:

You almost gotta laugh that LBJ's "urban institute" justified the tens of trillions wasted on the incredibly flawed "Great Society" which only succeeded in keeping generations of Black people in bondage. Now they are trying to tell us that another flawed federal program would actually save trillions. I guess they think Americans are as gullible as the low information democrat base.

martybegan 14571355
Wait, you are changing the topic. Why, with all these savings, I am paying more for less

I didn't change the subject. You oppose a couple trillion in health care lower costs because you claim yours has gone up. So I tried to advise you away out of your predicament by supporting single payer. But you can't do that because because you lean toward Republicanism.

And your waving your arms and posting nonsense,suffer and die,is just hysterics,if the dems had really wanted to do somthing good,they would have included the other group of legislators,instread of locking them out.
There is a basic wrong,when bills are passed in the manner that Obama care was dropped on us.

Obamacare is a collectivist government DMV level of excellence program that chooses who is the parasite and who is the host.

That is not true. It is regulating private insurance companies to give consumers more choices and freedom of movement from job to job or job to starting one's own business.

It is more freedom of choice. There are no parasites like the young healthy people that didn't buy insurance, but expected the rest of us to pay when they get injured or gravely ill.

Single payer gives even more choices. You can choose an efficiently government run Medicare type plan or you can choose a private plan if it suits you.

You have auto insurance to protect you from financial collapse if you run a red light and kill somebody. That is not the government choosing parasites and hosts. That is sensible government policy to force people to purchase insurance when the own a motor vehicle and drive it on public property.

When uninsured people get sick they go to the community for assistance. They don't sit on there private property curing themselves.

chikenwing 14585043
And your waving your arms and posting nonsense,suffer and die,is just hysterics,if the dems had really wanted to do somthing good,they would have included the other group of legislators,instread of locking them out.

They weren't locked out - they refused to do anything that would have benefitted the first black president a great legacy.

Republicans and obstruction are synonymous.

Saving treeeeeeeliiions on Healthcare but nobody got the promised $2,500 premium reduction

martybegan 14559005
yep. Last year my deductible was $2000, but the company gave me $1500 in an HSA. This year its $8000 (I got married, so say $4000 per person) and they kept the HSA contribution at $1500. plus my weekly went up slightly as well. So more money in for less benefit.

Anecdotal stories such as yours are becoming more and more impossible to believe when the overall costs for health care continues to grow so dramatically much slower.
The article was light with numbers. Maybe you have them. Your premise is we are spending less on healthcare. You mentioned total costs. Any details?

martybegan 14559005
yep. Last year my deductible was $2000, but the company gave me $1500 in an HSA. This year its $8000 (I got married, so say $4000 per person) and they kept the HSA contribution at $1500. plus my weekly went up slightly as well. So more money in for less benefit.

Anecdotal stories such as yours are becoming more and more impossible to believe when the overall costs for health care continues to grow so dramatically much slower.
The article was light with numbers. Maybe you have them. Your premise is we are spending less on healthcare. You mentioned total costs. Any details?

The rate of growth of health care spending has declined - just as the report with charts tell you.

"“Each year we see spending going up 3 percent, 2 percent, whatever, and not 5 percent, and because that stuff compounds, when it continues to go up more slowly ... it starts to really add up.”"

The savings is projected to be 2.6 billion through 2019.

Do you dispute that? Why?

martybegan 14571355

Yes, again, the DMV applied to health care. wonderful idea.

So basically I get to get shafted so someone else gets a benefit? Why wasn't that part of the presentation when the ACA was passed?

martybegan 14559005

The rate of growth of health care spending has declined - just as the report with charts tell you.

"“Each year we see spending going up 3 percent, 2 percent, whatever, and not 5 percent, and because that stuff compounds, when it continues to go up more slowly ... it starts to really add up.”"

Then why am I paying more for less?

martybegan 14559005

Because you don't have a choice to go to a government run plan because Republicans won't give single payer a chance. So private insurers are taking advantage of some people like you if you really are paying more for less.

So vote Democrat and solve your problem or vote Republican and keep bitchin about your problem. It's entirely up to you.

martybegan

I'm still interested in why Marty wants to be miserable.

Chime in here Marty.

What I want is my health insurance to be the way it was 4 years ago, you know, like the president said, "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan, period".

No coverage if you get terminally ill and lose your job and with it your insurance. That's what you want. Rejection for a pre-existing condition. That is what you want - really?

martybegan 14559005

Because you don't have a choice to go to a government run plan because Republicans won't give single payer a chance. So private insurers are taking advantage of some people like you if you really are paying more for less.

So vote Democrat and solve your problem or vote Republican and keep bitchin about your problem. It's entirely up to you.

But this was supposed to save everyone money, right? Or did the proponents of the plan lie to us?

martybegan

I'm still interested in why Marty wants to be miserable.

Chime in here Marty.

What I want is my health insurance to be the way it was 4 years ago, you know, like the president said, "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan, period".

No coverage if you get terminally ill and lose your job and with it your insurance. That's what you want. Rejection for a pre-existing condition. That is what you want - really?

I liked my plan, so I wanted to keep my plan. The President said I could, period.

Forum List

Back