Pulp Fiction

OMGorsh... I don't know but Mia is the only character that made that movie even tolerable to me.

William Golding the Chicago born and award winning Screenwriter ( Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid ) said in his last book he thinks the two best detective movies ever were 'Fargo,' and 'Chinatown.' So anyone who trashes either one of these movies should never quit their day job and become a movie critic. Fargo was the most unique movie ever in the sense that the leading character wasn't even introduced until halfway through the movie, and yet she also won the Oscar for Best Actress.
Chinatown had an anti-hero as the main character where he was the eyes for the confused audience. There were so many twists and turns most movies wouldn't have pulled it off, but by only showing the audience what the detective knew, we never got completely lost or overloaded, and instead we gradually got closer and closer until we're as shocked as the stunned detective. I read one person's review about liking the wood chipper scene (I guess there wasn't enough gratuitous violence for them ) and another saying they're all unlikable characters. Hell, Seinfeld was nothing but unlikeable characters by Larry David's design. You were expecting more perky characters in a murder movie?

Sin City........ :eusa_whistle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdcXOlUMfq0&feature=related]Sin City (7/12) Movie CLIP - A Ride with Jackie Boy (2005) HD - YouTube[/ame]

i tried to watch hostel .....couldnt do it...stopped when they began to cut off her toes.....

pulp fiction crossed all lines.....i liked that

I loved FARGO.

The Coen brothers are bloody geniuses.

They've made 15 movies that are brilliant.

And the beauty of their work is that so many of their movies are so very different one from the other.

The BIG Lobowski is hilariaous. Likewise Brother Where Art Thou, and Raising Arizona.

Then compare those to Miller's Crossing or Reservoir Dogs or Barton Fink.

These guys not only write their scropts, they also direct and produce their movies, too.

Genius, pure genius.

what the hell is an islamic doing watching res. dogs?
I thought it was going to be a documentary about poor homeless canines living in the wild by a reservoir.

Of course I was appalled when I found out what it was about.

And asked for forgiveness for watching it as the credits rolled by at the end of the movie.

True story :cool:

your eyes are soooooooooo deep brown

that doc. is 'shelter dogs'

one problem i have with you and your people is the treatment of dogs......

house is not a home without a dog.....i dont trust people who dont like dogs and i wont tolerate anyone my dogs do not like....

"Reservoir Dogs" has got to be one of the worst movies ever made. :doubt:
I thought you were a Muslim. What are you doing watching that anyway?:
Islam Question and Answer - Spending time watching movies and soap operas and playing games in Ramadaan
Muslims, whether they are fasting or not, should fear Allaah with regard to what they are doing and not doing at all times. They must avoid that which Allaah has forbidden, namely watching obscene movies which show things that Allaah has forbidden such as naked and semi-naked pictures, or reprehensible programs, or things which appear on TV that go against the laws of Allaah, such as images, singing, musical instruments and misleading ideas.
Oh ok, just during Ramadaan right? Those "laws" only apply during that time of the year eh?

"Reservoir Dogs" has got to be one of the worst movies ever made. :doubt:
I thought you were a Muslim. What are you doing watching that anyway?:
Islam Question and Answer - Spending time watching movies and soap operas and playing games in Ramadaan
Muslims, whether they are fasting or not, should fear Allaah with regard to what they are doing and not doing at all times. They must avoid that which Allaah has forbidden, namely watching obscene movies which show things that Allaah has forbidden such as naked and semi-naked pictures, or reprehensible programs, or things which appear on TV that go against the laws of Allaah, such as images, singing, musical instruments and misleading ideas.
Oh ok, just during Ramadaan right? Those "laws" only apply during that time of the year eh?
Believe me; wasting almost 2 hours of my life watch that pathetic movie was punishment enough. :cool:

I suppose there are so many different levels of evolved minds that it takes movies like Pulp Fiction and such. :dunno: I wasn't particularly interested in that movie, though there were parts I did enjoy, because of how harsh the characters were toward each other. It was a major turn off to me. It wasn't an occasional curse word or drug spazz for shock effect, to me, the whole movie was suicidal.

Very dialogue driven flick with no real coherent purpose. What it was, was a collection of awesome quotables, most notably those of Sam Jackson and the often overlooked Ving Rhames.

"I'm prepared to scour the earth for that motherf*#%er. If Butch goes to Indochina, I want a n*gga waiting in a bowl of rice ready to pop a cap in his @$$." - Ving Rhames as Marsellus Wallace

Classic.

you forgot the foot fetish....

but pulp fiction is a great flick.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

:eusa_hand:
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you

:cool:

Samuel L Jackson was so good in that role.
He usually is pretty good but he seemed born for that role. Excellent performance!

i tried to watch hostel .....couldnt do it...stopped when they began to cut off her toes.....

pulp fiction crossed all lines.....i liked that
I watched about half of that Hostel movie and gave it the thumb. Now I see there is a sequel. Those are very perverse movies because they appeal to sadism.

Pulp fiction is art.

Pulp fiction is self-indulgent crap, like all of your posts here.

Forum List

Back