Purchasing 1st Democrat

eddiew

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
Koch Brothers Consider Purchasing First Democrat
By Andy Borowitz, The New Yorker

25 April 16

rsn_editorcomment_01.jpg
The article below is satire. Andy Borowitz is an American comedian and New York Times-bestselling author who satirizes the news for his column, "The Borowitz Report."
rsn_editorcomment_02.jpg

rsn-C.jpg
harles and David Koch, the billionaire industrialists who have spent decades acquiring a world-class collection of Republicans, revealed over the weekend that they are considering purchasing their first Democrat.

“We’ve always bought Republicans, and our father bought Republicans before us,” Charles, the elder Koch, said. “They’re bred to be obedient, and they respond to simple commands.”

He said that he and his brother had considered acquiring a Democrat only after determining that none of the Republicans on offer this year was worth adding to their collection.

“It’s kind of a scary proposition for us, because we’ve never owned a Democrat before,” he said. “We don’t really know what we should be looking for.”

Koch said that he and his brother learned, after making some phone calls, that other oligarchs have bought Democrats in the past, and “had good experiences with them.”

“That was very reassuring,” he said.

But he bemoaned the absence of online consumer reviews that could help people who are, like him and his brother, interested in purchasing a Democrat for the very first time. “Yelp needs to jump on this,” he said.

While acknowledging the risk inherent in owning their first Democrat, Koch said that it would probably turn out to be a better investment than some of the Republicans they have recently purchased. “It can’t be worse than Scott Walker,” he said.

I do like the idea of politicians wearing the contributors' patches on their clothes like NASCAR drivers.

Hey, who cares? We're allowing this system to continue, this is our own fault. We must like this stuff.

We're political masochists. Bring it on, we LOVE falling for this stuff.

25 April 16

rsn_editorcomment_01.jpg
The article below is satire. Andy Borowitz is an American comedian and New York Times-bestselling author who satirizes the news for his column, "The Borowitz Report."
rsn_editorcomment_02.jpg

rsn-C.jpg
harles and David Koch, the billionaire industrialists who have spent decades acquiring a world-class collection of Republicans, revealed over the weekend that they are considering purchasing their first Democrat.

“We’ve always bought Republicans, and our father bought Republicans before us,” Charles, the elder Koch, said. “They’re bred to be obedient, and they respond to simple commands.”

He said that he and his brother had considered acquiring a Democrat only after determining that none of the Republicans on offer this year was worth adding to their collection.

“It’s kind of a scary proposition for us, because we’ve never owned a Democrat before,” he said. “We don’t really know what we should be looking for.”

Koch said that he and his brother learned, after making some phone calls, that other oligarchs have bought Democrats in the past, and “had good experiences with them.”

But he bemoaned the absence of online consumer reviews that could help people who are, like him and his brother, interested in purchasing a Democrat for the very first time. “Yelp needs to jump on this,” he said.

While acknowledging the risk inherent in owning their first Democrat, Koch said that it would probably turn out to be a better investment than some of the Republicans they have recently purchased. “It can’t be worse than Scott Walker,” he said.
Every career politician is "purchased" by some special interest group. dumbass

I do like the idea of politicians wearing the contributors' patches on their clothes like NASCAR drivers.

Hey, who cares? We're allowing this system to continue, this is our own fault. We must like this stuff.

I blame Scalia and Thomas

I blame the electorate.

25 April 16

rsn_editorcomment_01.jpg
rsn_editorcomment_02.jpg

rsn-C.jpg

May I be the first today to tell you you're FOS??

25 April 16

rsn_editorcomment_01.jpg
rsn_editorcomment_02.jpg

rsn-C.jpg

Name one that is not "purchased" lol

I blame the electorate.
Citizens United??
Citizens United is certainly part of the problem, but it has become nothing more than a political tool for partisans.

Money controlled politics long before CU, surely you know that.

25 April 16

rsn_editorcomment_01.jpg
rsn_editorcomment_02.jpg

rsn-C.jpg

They all take money But that doesn't mean they kiss the butt of the donors A donor imho gives to those who most closely follow his agenda Doesn't mean the politician changes his views

I blame the electorate.
Citizens United??
Citizens United is certainly part of the problem, but it has become nothing more than a political tool for partisans.

Money controlled politics long before CU, surely you know that.
I know Mac money talks loudly and when they say it's not about the money ,,it's about the money

Political corruption is the exertion of financial or other inducements to cause a public official to modify his stance or actions to benefit the person providing the inducements. For example, a committee member receives a donation from a potential government contractor, then votes in committee in a way that causes that bidder to get the contract. That is "corruption."

It is NOT corruption when a political donor provides money to a politician who ALREADY SUPPORTS the things that the donor likes.

If you can find a single instance of a Koch political donee who changed his stance or actions as a result (or even arguably as a result) of a donation from Koch, I would be happy to hear about it.

Otherwise STFU about it.

25 April 16

rsn_editorcomment_01.jpg
rsn_editorcomment_02.jpg

rsn-C.jpg

They all take money But that doesn't mean they kiss the butt of the donors A donor imho gives to those who most closely follow his agenda Doesn't mean the politician changes his views
Deflection noted

Forum List

Back