Putin Orders Withdrawal Of Russian Forces From Syria

Stratford57

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2014
Kievan Rus'
Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered the withdrawal of Russian military forces from Syria,reported the Associated Press Monday.

Putin’s order came during a meeting with his foreign and defense ministers and will take effect Tuesday, though the exact timetable for when all Russian troops will leave is uncertain. Putin claimed Russia had achieved its objectives in Syria and that the Kremlin will continue its involvement in the peace process.

“I consider the objectives that have been set for the Defense Ministry to be generally accomplished. That is why I order to start withdrawal of the main part of our military group from the territory of the Syrian Arab Republic starting from tomorrow,” said Putin, as reported by Russia’s Russia Today.

Dmitry Peskov, a Kremlin spokesman, said that Putin informed his ally Syrian President Bashar al-Assad of his decision via a telephone conversation.

Vladimir Putin orders withdrawal of Russian troops from Syria
Putin Orders Withdrawal Of Russian Forces From Syria

The Russian president said the country’s airbase in Hemeimeem in Syria’s coastal province of Latakia and a naval facility in the Syrian port of Tartus will continue to operate.
Putin orders Russian troops to begin withdrawal from Syria

The two leaders [Putin and Assad] noted that the operations conducted by Russia’s Aerospace Forces have brought about a real turnabout in the fight against the terrorists in Syria, throwing their infrastructure into disarray and causing them substantial damage.

In this context, Mr Putin said that Russia’s Armed Forces have fulfilled their main mission in Syria and a timetable for the withdrawal of the Aerospace Forces’ main air grouping has been agreed. Russia will maintain an aviation support center in Syria in order to monitor compliance with the ceasefire.

The President of Syria noted the professionalism, courage and heroism of the Russian service personnel who took part in the military operations, and expressed his profound gratitude to Russia for providing such substantial help in fighting terrorism and providing humanitarian assistance to the civilian population.
Telephone conversation with President of Syria Bashar al-Assad

Last edited:
Unless I am mistaken, the core reason of the Russian military operation in Syria – according to the officials – was the elimination of ISIS. It seems that ISIS has already been eliminated, at least in Russian parallel reality. Thanks. Go home, victors.

Putin had little interest in ISIS. All he wanted was to keep his dictator in power. Putin knows ISIS is no threat, and that they are a JV team surrounded by enemies and have few capabilities outside of the tiny strip of land they control. American conservatives will be reduced to puddles over this news.

Putin had little interest in ISIS. All he wanted was to keep his dictator in power. Putin knows ISIS is no threat, and that they are a JV team surrounded by enemies and have few capabilities outside of the tiny strip of land they control. American conservatives will be reduced to puddles over this news.
Well that "jv" team has been kicking Obama's ass for more then two years now.

Looks like Putin is cutting and running and leaving the real terrorist fighting to Obama

Unless I am mistaken, the core reason of the Russian military operation in Syria – according to the officials – was the elimination of ISIS. It seems that ISIS has already been eliminated, at least in Russian parallel reality. Thanks. Go home, victors.
You two are losers and the current presidents of your countries are losers too. Who are you to criticize Russia and Putin? USA president has been successfully breeding ISIS in Syria and Ukrainian president has been successfully breeding Nazis in Ukraine. That's all their success so far. So far Putin is the only one who has been cleaning and will have to keep cleaning their mess. Clean your countries from corrupted elites first of all and then may be we could talk about Putin with you two.

Last edited:
Well, the Russians are not leaving their naval and air base in Syria, just the expeditionary force sent to quell the insurgency.

No they haven't. The only thing ISIS has done to the U.S. is get a few twitter followers.

_87811846_strikesbycountry.png

You two are losers and the current presidents of your countries are losers too. Who are you to criticize Russia and Putin? USA president has been successfully breeding ISIS in Syria and Ukrainian president has been successfully breeding Nazis in Ukraine. That's all their success so far. Clean your countries from corrupted elites first of all and then may be we could talk about Putin with you two.
If my President eliminates free elections and asks me to ration my food because he wants to take over a piece of Canada, maybe I'll sympathize with you.

You two are losers and the current presidents of your countries are losers too. Who are you to criticize Russia and Putin? USA president has been successfully breeding ISIS in Syria and Ukrainian president has been successfully breeding Nazis in Ukraine. That's all their success so far. Clean your countries from corrupted elites first of all and then may be we could talk about Putin with you two.
If my President eliminates free elections and asks me to ration my food because he wants to take over a piece of Canada, maybe I'll sympathize with you.
But there is really nothing there worth having...

More info:
- During the Russian campaign, over 400 places, 10000 square kilometers were liberated by the Syrian army
- The Russian air force killed 2000 militants from Russia
- Russia will keep protecting Latakia as before from land, sea and air
- Syrian airforce stronger than before (my estimation)

Forum List

Back