Quad to expand maritime security cooperation at Biden's farewell summit

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

Leaders of Australia, India, Japan and the United States will announce plans for new security initiatives in the Indian Ocean on Saturday, when outgoing U.S. President Joe Biden hosts counterparts from the Quad grouping established due to shared concerns about China.
Biden will welcome Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida for a four-way meeting near his hometown of Wilmington to stress the importance of maintaining the Quad, which he sees as a signature foreign policy achievement, before he leaves office after the Nov. 5 U.S. presidential election.

All I can say is I hope whomever replaces Biden will keep this going.

Basically this will be his personal crown achievements. He also had some wins for taking on China.

Unfortunately, his legacy will be your border, global wars, the I.R.A and economic strife.

It didn't have to be this way, he had a layup coming into office.

Basically this will be his personal crown achievements. He also had some wins for taking on China.

Unfortunately, his legacy will be your border, global wars, the I.R.A and economic strife.

It didn't have to be this way, he had a layup coming into office.

do you have any comment on the actual topic of the thread or is your BDS too strong today for that?

do you have any comment on the actual topic of the thread or is your BDS too strong today for that?

I dont have BDS, I supported Biden. I'm not going lie though.

I said it was his crowning achievement, he did better than I thought in dealing with China and he, or someone in his administration, developed a plan that rounded up others in the region that need to pull their weight on the China military issue.

This unfortunately is overshadowed immensely by the long term damage to the U.S economy and trust of politicians due to an open border and inflation. No one should overlook this as WWIII is around the corner. The aforementioned issues have hurt Americas ability to deal with such a war.

To be honest he's a politician. There's a big difference between politicians and leaders. This policy and the military relationship is an important one though.

Forum List

Back