Question Re. Election

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2015
When both parties have their President Nominee and Vice-President Nominee and then into Election.

Let's say you get to November 1st and Party A's Presidential Nominee dies, say assassination and/or plane crash.

What happens then? Does Party A's Vice-President Nominee become President Nominee and do they get so late in Election to choose a running mate....or what happens?

When both parties have their President Nominee and Vice-President Nominee and then into Election.

Let's say you get to November 1st and Party A's Presidential Nominee dies, say assassination and/or plane crash.

What happens then? Does Party A's Vice-President Nominee become President Nominee and do they get so late in Election to choose a running mate....or what happens?

I believe so. That's pretty much the job of a VP. If it's that late the names will be on the ballots, and cannot change.

• Banned

I believe so. That's pretty much the job of a VP. If it's that late the names will be on the ballots, and cannot change.

Okay thanks, so who becomes Vice-President? Can they choose their own?

Presidential Death During the Election Process | Teachinghistory.org

Hope it helps...

If it's a Democrat, they embalm them and sit them in the Oval Office.

(The VP answers the phone)

If it's a Republican, they embalm them and put them in the waiting room.

(No one answers the phone)

The might depend on the timing. If he is already elected and there is a vacant VP slot, the President or President elect would choose a VP, and probably confirmed by Congress much like an appointee would be.

• Banned

Presidential Death During the Election Process | Teachinghistory.org

Hope it helps...

Thanks I'll read this :smoke:

• Banned

:lol: Hey is my scriptwriter working for you now also? :wink:

• Banned

The might depend on the timing. If he is already elected and there is a vacant VP slot, the President or President elect would choose a VP, and probably confirmed by Congress much like an appointee would be.

Okay thanks. I started this thread because, well to be honest, if The Donald is the Nominee, yes I'm worried something might "happen" to him.

This post-strange Antonin Scalia death ie. pillow over head, no autopsy. Also the other day Obama said "Trump will never be President"

:lol: Hey is my scriptwriter working for you now also? :wink:

Scriptwriter?

I don't need no stinking scriptwriter.

th

Okay thanks. I started this thread because, well to be honest, if The Donald is the Nominee, yes I'm worried something might "happen" to him.

This post-strange Antonin Scalia death ie. pillow over head, no autopsy. Also the other day Obama said "Trump will never be President"

but republican killed democrat nominee in history :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

r_smiles(19).gif
r_smiles(19).gif

Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy - Wikipedia, the free ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/.../Assassination_of_Robert_F._Kenne...
Wikipedia
As with his brother John's death, Kennedy's assassination and the ... During his stay, he wrote that he grew to admire the Jewish inhabitants of the area. ... The run up to the 1968 presidential election saw the incumbent president, Lyndon B.

r_smiles(19).gif
r_smiles(19).gif

Wikipedia
As with his brother John's death, Kennedy's assassination and the ... During his stay, he wrote that he grew to admire the Jewish inhabitants of the area. ... The run up to the 1968 presidential election saw the incumbent president, Lyndon B.

Nominee?

He was only a candidate when he died in June,1968

r_smiles(19).gif
r_smiles(19).gif

Wikipedia

If Ben Carson were elected, and then died, would anyone know, or would they just think he was napping?

Forum List

Back