Racism in the USA.

Never heard that term before. Just another example of the fear some white people live in everyday.

Actually, "Sundown Towns" are a very real phenomena in America.

I've been in some of them. I once drove from Seattle to the Bay Area and stopped in 1 in N. California. All the white people just stared at me like they were astonished I existed. :lol:

Never heard that term before. Just another example of the fear some white people live in everyday.

I've been in some of them. I once drove from Seattle to the Bay Area and stopped in 1 in N. California. All the white people just stared at me like they were astonished I existed. :lol:

That never happened. Enough with all the lies.

When I was a kid Albion Washington a town of about 500 people had no black families. I never actually interacted with non whites until my Dad was stationed in Germany, I was in 5th Grade I think.

Now a days Albion is full of College kids from Washington State University.

Went to Germany in 1969 I think.

I've been in some of them. I once drove from Seattle to the Bay Area and stopped in 1 in N. California. All the white people just stared at me like they were astonished I existed. :lol:[/

I've driven across the country several times on vacation from California all the way to Buffalo, New York and to the Canadian side of Niagra Falls. Most of these types of towns that I have encountered were in states
like Texas, Wyoming, Idaho and New Mexico. The deep south is where I have heard about most of the danger being.

There are definately some rural spots in California like Needles and Bakersfield that I would not stay in overnight under any circumstances.

There are black racist and there are place where whites don't go the same as there are places where blacks don't feel safe. Someday it will be different but at the moment that is the worlds we have.

There are black racist and there are place where whites don't go the same as there are places where blacks don't feel safe. Someday it will be different but at the moment that is the worlds we have.

Black people dont get their heads caved in when they walk through white neighborhoods. I mean can we at least be honest here? Maybe in 1950 things were different, but in 2014 we all know its not white people that are committing racial violence. Black people are safe in our neighborhoods. White people dont have games like "polar bear hunting", or the "knock out game".

White people are victims of racial violence every day. That sucks man. I know it was shitty for black people back when it was the other way around, but that was before my time. Today its MY people that are victimized. Do you think I feel any different about polar bear hunting, than black people used to feel about lynchings? Its really lame how easilly people dismiss this violence.

Last edited:

Probably near Pelican Bay. Lots of brother there and thought you were visiting family or just broke out.

Another reason why sports (and of course other activities) are important for young kids. They are often a way of exposing them to people from divergent socio-economic backgrounds in a setting where (theoretically) people are judged only on ability.

Of course if your entire town and the next few around it are all homogeneous my theory kind of goes out the window...

Probably near Pelican Bay. Lots of brother there and thought you were visiting family or just broke out.

It was a couple of miles north of Yreka. Now that I think about it was probably in OR. Long time ago so i forget the city

I've been in some of them. I once drove from Seattle to the Bay Area and stopped in 1 in N. California. All the white people just stared at me like they were astonished I existed. :lol:[/

I've driven across the country several times on vacation from California all the way to Buffalo, New York and to the Canadian side of Niagra Falls. Most of these types of towns that I have encountered were in states
like Texas, Wyoming, Idaho and New Mexico. The deep south is where I have heard about most of the danger being.

There are definately some rural spots in California like Needles and Bakersfield that I would not stay in overnight under any circumstances.

I've stayed overnight in Bakersfield before and know a few Black people that live or have lived there. Never been to Needles. Bakersfield has a lot of Mexicans too maybe thats why I didnt notice. This was in the 90's.

I've stayed overnight in Bakersfield before and know a few Black people that live or have lived there. Never been to Needles. Bakersfield has a lot of Mexicans too maybe thats why I didnt notice. This was in the 90's.

Bakersfield has not changed much. The Mexicans there are for the most part migrant farm workers who are ony there during certain seasons. The core population has a long history. See your PM for more info.

Forum List

Back