The first Indian American Senator

Contrary to Trump statements, however, Harris has long publicly identified as both Black and South Asian American.
Kamala Harris was born to an Indian mother and a Black Jamaican father, both immigrants to the United States. The U.S. Census includes people of Jamaican heritage among racial groups considered to be Black.
Her White House biography, opens new tab says she is “the first woman, the first Black American, and the first South Asian American” to be elected Vice President.

In a 2016 feature, opens new tab for The New York Times Magazine, Harris talked about her mother’s “choice of community” for her and her younger sister Maya after her parents divorced and referred to herself as a Black person: “She had two black babies, and she raised them to be two black women.”
In a 2012 interview hosted by digital news organization The Wrap, Harris, then California Attorney General, referred to herself as both African American and Asian American. The clip starts off with her saying, “When we think about women holding elected office and what is the significance of it, you know, it's not because we are trying to makes these milestones in terms of the ‘first of’, and, you know, in fact when I was first elected district attorney of San Francisco, I was the first woman elected, first African American woman elected, and Asian American elected in the state as a district attorney...”

At a 2006 panel of emerging Black leaders at a conference about issues, opens new tab impacting African Americans, Harris, then San Francisco District Attorney, referred to herself as African American (starting at timestamp 24:01, opens new tab): “What I suggest we do as African American is own this issue in law enforcement and then define it in the way that works for us because it is a myth, to say that African Americans don’t want law enforcement.”

BTW, why didn't your "hero" show up to that interview?
I'm not her adviser nor is she my hero, I don't think of politicians as hero's typically until they actually do something heroic, but I can think of several reasons. In no particular order.

-Her schedule didn't make it feasible.
-She didn't want to share a stage with Trump and take the focus of the trainwreck that he caused.
-She wasn't invited because otherwise Trump wouldn't show.
-She figured she's already strong enough with black people and favored another event.

I don't know, could be anything. Why do you ask?
-

At this point in time TRUMP is the party. As is obvious by the pretty blatant sycophancy and total abandonment of the traditional GOP policy preferences in favor of "whatever Trump says, we support."
This from the party that immediately falls in line with their masters wishes after they force Joe Biden out of th race. Have you no loyalty?

This from the party that immediately falls in line with their masters wishes after they force Joe Biden out of th race. Have you no loyalty?
No, I don't. I'm a single-issue person. Make sure that Trump doesn't get elected. This because I consider him a direct threat to the Constitutional Republic that is the US. If that means a Haley, Kemp ticket. I'll support that. Kamala, Mickey Mouse also good. Biden would have probably lost the election. So, I support Harris taking over. I've got nothing against Joe, and in a perfect world him being 60 instead of mid-eighties, I would have supported him. Things being as they are I'm perfectly fine with Harris.

I don't care who wins the election, Republican or Democrat. Just NOT TRUMP.

I'll go even further. I would love for Harris to pick someone like Romney as VP and even promise to step down after 4 years and support him for president. If for no other reason that a unity ticket might calm things enough and make the traditional GOP dominant no matter how much I don't like most of their policies. I think 2 healthy parties is preferable to one healthy party and a cult of personality.

You seem to be insulting the intelligence of black voters - that they would simply vote for a candidate solely based on on their skin color.

Doesn't mean that, world's shittiest lawyer.

Means they preferred Trump over Biden, but now that Biden is out, they prefer Harris over Trump.

not if they are under the protection of their home country,,

your claim means Putin himself can bring his pregnant women into the country and have his child and then have his child run for president,,

Only diplomats are granted such immunity from our juristdiction. That would include Putin, cretin.

face-palm-gif.278959

Only diplomats are granted such immunity from our juristdiction. That would include Putin, cretin.

face-palm-gif.278959

dude you need to buy a dictionary,,,

I said nothing about immunity

so a visitor from a different country cant go to their embassy and receive help or protection??

I'm not her adviser nor is she my hero, I don't think of politicians as hero's typically until they actually do something heroic,
But you claim Trump is my hero. LOL
but I can think of several reasons. In no particular order.

-Her schedule didn't make it feasible.
-She didn't want to share a stage with Trump and take the focus of the trainwreck that he caused.
-She wasn't invited because otherwise Trump wouldn't show.
-She figured she's already strong enough with black people and favored another event.

I don't know, could be anything. Why do you ask?
-
Because she was invited and didn’t show up. And she’s your nominee without having received a single primary vote ever. I think she owes it to the voters to explain why she deserves to be a nominee.

Because it was the same as I already posted.

a person who believes that some races of people are better than others or who has general beliefs about other people based only on their race, and may show this in violent or unfair treatment of people of other races

dude you need to buy a dictionary,,,

I said nothing about immunity

so a visitor from a different country cant go to their embassy and receive help or protection??

Not my problem you don't understand only diplomats get immunity, so when you speak of Putin coming here, you're speaking about someone who has immunity from our juristdiction, even though you are too stupid to understand you're talking about someone who has immunity.

Forum List

Back