Rand Paul: 'Goons' Blocked WWII Memorial

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Sen. Rand Paul blasted the federal government for trying to block World War II vets from visiting their memorial, saying “some idiot in government sent goons out there to set up barricades.”

“If Harry Reid and the President want to keep the parks closed— I mean did you read the story today? Some idiot in government sent goons out there to set up barricades, so they couldn’t see the monument. People had to spend hours setting up barricades where there are never barricades to prevent people from seeing the World War II monument because they’re trying to play a charade.”

Rand Paul: 'Goons' blocked WWII Memorial | Peace . Gold . Liberty

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXPUqdhZoEw]Rand Paul: Some Government 'Idiot' Sent 'Goons' To Barricade WWII Memorial - YouTube[/ame]

Pretty ugly move by Obama. It's just not right.

They closed the monuments to try to ensure that they weren't damaged or defaced during the shutdown. WW2 vets 'storming' the monuments (Drudge's headline) puts the government in a bind because course nobody wants to disrespect them.

Still a real dick-move by the President. It's shameful.

They closed the monuments to try to ensure that they weren't damaged or defaced during the shutdown. WW2 vets 'storming' the monuments (Drudge's headline) puts the government in a bind because course nobody wants to disrespect them.

And if President Obama hadn't moved to protect the monuments and they were defaced you would say his doing nothing was "a dick-move." Bottom line, you would condemn whatever he did.

Does Rand Paul really believe that the Constitution authorizes the federal government to build and mainain war memorials?

Where did he find that in his version of the Constitution?

It was a snotty move on the part of Obama's team. Just like the WH tours being cancelled.

On the bright side a bipartisan group of Congress critters rushed down and cut police tape to help the veterans tour.

It was a snotty move on the part of Obama's team. Just like the WH tours being cancelled.

On the bright side a bipartisan group of Congress critters rushed down and cut police tape to help the veterans tour.

Cool.

No, they did it to try to make the shutdown more painful that it actually has to be.

And the last time i was there I didnt see any park police just standing around watching it, so I guess it was open to vandalism then as well?

Does Rand Paul really believe that the Constitution authorizes the federal government to build and mainain war memorials?

Where did he find that in his version of the Constitution?

Where does the consitution ban the government from building memorials? Especially one on technically federal land?

No, they did it to try to make the shutdown more painful that it actually has to be.

And the last time i was there I didnt see any park police just standing around watching it, so I guess it was open to vandalism then as well?

The area they barrycaded is a sidewalk. They had to put up special barrycades to keep people out.

Yeah, a real dirty move by the President. Clearly, him and the Democrats are trying the 'lets make it more painful' strategy. Obama loves this. It's what 'Community Organizing' is all about. He truly does hate his fellow Americans. He declared War on them the first day he took office. He'd rather meet and talk with the Iranian Leader, than sit down and talk with Republican Leaders. They're the "Terrorists."

These are his own fellow Americans for God's sake. From suing several States to ordering the IRS to harass his political opponents, he's turned into a maniacal Dictator. For the IRS stuff alone, Impeachment should be considered.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back