Rand Paul on "This Week" sunday show

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
I agree w/ him. He all but indicted the entire Repub party for using the Pentagon as one of their Primary cash cows (next to the Koch & Adelson coffers) and they end up getting jobs through those same contractors after they get defeated or retire (See Cheney & Halliburton). That means they are participating in wealth redistribution on a ginormous scale. Ironic?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/04/full-transcript-sen-rand-paul-on-this-week/
KARL: But you said we don’t want our defense to be defined by people who make money off the weapons.

Are you suggesting that’s why we went to war in Iraq?

PAUL: No. No.

KARL: That our defense was being defined by people making…

PAUL: No.

KARL: — money off weapons?

PAUL: — and that’s why I’m also saying that I’m not questioning Dick Cheney’s motives. I think he’s as patriotic as I am and wanting the best for his country.

But I do think that when people go from high levels of government to high levels of industry that are dependent on government money, that there is a…

:up: cronyism

discuss...

Last edited:
I agree w/ him. He all but indicted the entire Repub party for using the Pentagon as one of their Primary cash cows (next to the Koch & Adelson coffers) and they end up getting jobs through those same contractors after they get defeated or retire (See Cheney & Halliburton). That means they are participating in wealth redistribution on a ginormous scale. Ironic?

Full Transcript: Sen. Rand Paul on ?This Week? - ABC News
KARL: But you said we don’t want our defense to be defined by people who make money off the weapons.

PAUL: — and that’s why I’m also saying that I’m not questioning Dick Cheney’s motives. I think he’s as patriotic as I am and wanting the best for his country.

But I do think that when people go from high levels of government to high levels of industry that are dependent on government money, that there is a…

discuss...

Ia Rand walking back his earlier statement? Pressure from the Estab. GOP?

discuss...

Ia Rand walking back his earlier statement? Pressure from the Estab. GOP?

looks like it. Maybe he's afraid of irking potential Establ Repub- type donors. Heres more:

KARL: Halliburton.

PAUL: — there’s a chance for a conflict of interest. And what I was pointing out is I don’t know the conclusion, is that at one point in time, he was opposed to going into Baghdad, that he was out of office and involved in the defense industry and then he became for going into Baghdad.

Now, his decisions could have changed…

KARL: And you see a connection?

PAUL: No, I’m just saying his decisions could have changed for a variety of reasons. But what I would say is that because of the — that there could be an appearance of a conflict of interest, that we need to be careful — and I’m all for rules. For example, when a senator leaves office, there are restrictions on how quickly they can go back into industry. I’m for making those tougher.

I don’t like that people are going from the Senate and the White House and Congress over to Wall Street and then back again.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back