Randy Newman

One of the most prolific and great music writers of the 20th century.

It's quite possible that he has written more ad jingles than anyone in history.

Cam you possibly name some of his best songs? I always liked him but I'm trying to learn so much about him but don't know where to start.

Well unlike Elton John. Barry Manilow. An avalanche of names come to mind. Is there point to be made here?
I love all of those artists too but I think Newman is very original and has a lot of fun songs.

Is this the guy that did "Short People" ?
Creepy huh ?
I loved it, never having grown above five four.

He did some other ones that were good. I believe he wrote the song that the Three Amigos sang in the desert.

Fan, I'd say yes.

He was an example that in the 1970's you could be a singer based on talent, not a model with an auto-tuner.

Having Linda Ronstadt next to you helps, though.

I'm very impressed with there being this many fans, not that he's not known, Hell he was at the Oscars several times.

I love all of those artists too but I think Newman is very original and has a lot of fun songs.
I love randy Neuman. He has gone commercial, yes. We do what we have to do to survive. Good thread. I love the "good ol' boys" album, and the song Rollin'.

Great song writer. His uncles were music directors in tons of Hollywood movies in the 30s and 40s.

I am here to steal your memes. All your memes are belong to us.
'Tis my sole goal in life! I swear! :D

I am here to steal your memes. All your memes are belong to us.

Mr. Neuman is 5'11' tall. About 75 Kg. About 12 stone. Or about three thousand two hundred and seventy five American tons...er wait up I cocked up the metric conversion thing again. Well anyway. He's a great musician whatever his weight. Or 'is eyesight or cholesterol level. Brave people takin' back words an stuff, and it doesn't solve a freeking thing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back