Ransomware infections reported worldwide

I guess on the plus side, if it counts as a plus side, stealing data isn't really something that's been in Shadow Broker's wheel house. I suspect the just used the NSA's inlets to plant this money scheme - cause that's what they're all about black hatting for bitcoin. I think they're a member of the capitalist anarchy camp - thinking gov money is a means of control so they'd like it abolished for a global currency that is controlled by no one.

It doesn't sound like they are accusing the Shadow Brokers of planting the ransomware. It sounds as if others are just taking advantage of the vulnerabilities that the Shadow Brokers leaked.

Well it could be anyone honestly, I mean Shadow Brokers cracked the NSA toys a while back and was auctioning them off. I'd actually be inclined to suppose it was someone else, but someone said they'd claimed it was their work. ~shrug~

LOL all those poor companies with employees who don't know any better and pay it. The markets should be interesting until this mess gets cleaned up heh

If you are a victim of ransomware oddly enough one of the companies with the best tools to combat it is Russian based Kaspersky Lab.

The latest scam attempt at me was an email, supposedly from Fedex, saying they couldn't find me to deliver a package, and I needed to open the enclosed attachment and fill out the form in order to get the package.

I didn't. I forwarded it to the Fedex abuse department. Interesting social engineering, of course. Everyone loves getting a package.

For a home PC, just back up your files occasionally. Not that tough.

And some links.

How to rescue your PC from ransomware

6 tools that will protect you against ransomware

My sister's computer had ransomware on it a couple years ago. A page comes up that you can't get rid of saying that ICE will arrest you if you don't pay $300. I have removed a lot of spyware programs in my time but that one was a pain in the ass.

Malwarebytes does a good job with ransomware.

My sister's computer had ransomware on it a couple years ago. A page comes up that you can't get rid of saying that ICE will arrest you if you don't pay $300. I have removed a lot of spyware programs in my time but that one was a pain in the ass.

Different companies have good prevention tools now. The problem comes when it's too late. You can't run antivirus tools with a locked computer screen. :dunno:

Different companies have good prevention tools now. The problem comes when it's too late. You can't run antivirus tools with a locked computer screen. :dunno:

At boot tap F8 for menu, run in safemode, select w/internet. You can't run much but you should be able to connect and find removal instructions for various software. I downloaded MWB under a ransomware lock.

I had a ransomware infection a couple years ago and even though I had Malawarebytes, I just used System Restore and went back a week. Problem solved.

At boot tap F8 for menu, run in safemode, select w/internet. You can't run much but you should be able to connect and find removal instructions for various software. I downloaded MWB under a ransomware lock.

I removed it while in safemode, but used programs downloaded through a non-infected computer. I don't like the idea of being connected or downloading anything online with a machine already infected with malware.

I periodically burn a Recovery Disc. Then when something causes a lockdown, I can turn the computer off, insert the disc,turn the computer on and use System restore.

All those people that want to suck on the nuts of WikiLeaks, can now thank them for this problem. The hackers used the information WikiLeaks released about the NSA to infect people with this ransomware. So do you understand now that not all information should be released for a reason?

All those people that want to suck on the nuts of WikiLeaks, can now thank them for this problem. The hackers used the information WikiLeaks released about the NSA to infect people with this ransomware. So do you understand now that not all information should be released for a reason?

Julian is a Hero and it wasn't for Julian, half this Country would still be in the dark with all the crooked bs these bastard Government's have done against " WE THE PEOPLE" . The only ones hating it those die hard Obama and Clinton lovers. They just can't stand to see their loser heroes losing to all their lies getting caught.

We are waiting for all the Hillary stuff, then we'll put Assange in jail. Deal?

Julian is a Hero and it wasn't for Julian, half this Country would still be in the dark with all the crooked bs these bastard Government's have done against " WE THE PEOPLE" . The only ones hating it those die hard Obama and Clinton lovers. They just can't stand to see their loser heroes losing to all their lies getting caught.

Right... this is why he is not considered a journalists, but an enemy of the state. There are consequences for his actions. Feel free to let some of the people that got hacked with this ransomware know you think Assange is a hero.

Right... this is why he is not considered a journalists, but an enemy of the state. There are consequences for his actions. Feel free to let some of the people that got hacked with this ransomware know you think Assange is a hero.

Oh now don't be so crabby LOL

New Article on the Attack

upload_2017-5-12_19-38-0.png

Dozens of countries hit by huge cyberextortion attack

View attachment 126321

A massive ransomware campaign appears to have infected a number of organisations around the world.

Computers in thousands of locations have apparently been locked by a program that demands $300 (£230) in Bitcoin.

There have been reports of infections in as many as 74 countries, including the UK, US, China, Russia, Spain, Italy and Taiwan.

Ransomware infections reported worldwide - BBC News
====================================================

View attachment 126324

Ransom Reportedly Demanded in Cyberattack on England’s Health-care System

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't worry if you are one in the sheeple pack just tell yourself you don't like the source so that way you can just say it's fake maybe it will go away then lol.

UDATED ARTICLE :

View attachment 126338

Ransomware utilizing a leaked NSA exploit is currently infecting countless computers across the globe.

The attack, known as “WannaCry,” encrypts Windows users’ computer files before demanding a $300 payment in Bitcoin. Although Microsoft issued a patch for the vulnerability in March, thousands of users have either failed to apply the update or are running outdated operating systems.

Ransomware Based Off of Leaked NSA Exploit Infects Computers Worldwide

Another one out on RUSSIA now

DEVELOPING: Russia’s interior ministry says computers Struck by ‘Virus Attack’

Russia’s interior ministry said Friday that some of its computers had been hit by a “virus attack” amid reports of major cyber strikes across the globe. Ministry spokeswoman Irina Volk told Russian news agencies it had “recorded a virus attack on the ministry’s personal computers controlled by a Windows operating system.” “The virus has been localised.

DEVELOPING: Russia's interior ministry says computers Struck by 'Virus Attack'

Forum List

Back