Ratcheting up the War in Ukraine?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
I recently saw a YouTube video which reported a number of drone strikes against oil facilities inside Russia. If accurate, could this be a dangerous escalation in its conflict with Ukraine? While this could be viewed in the West as justified retaliation by Ukraine, the view from inside Russia could be verification that NATO (and its surrogate) actively intends to attack Russia. In this case, Russia might feel justified to attack NATO targets outside of Ukraine. It is not pleasant to think how this situation might turn out.

Does anyone have more information about this?

That is nothing new. Ukraine has been attacking targets inside Russia for a year and half, I believe. There was an attack even on the Kremlin. Though, it was more about a 'PR action', rather than a military goal.

Will these attacks be escalated? Who knows. Much depends on Western 'allies'.

I recently saw a YouTube video which reported a number of drone strikes against oil facilities inside Russia. If accurate, could this be a dangerous escalation in its conflict with Ukraine? While this could be viewed in the West as justified retaliation by Ukraine, the view from inside Russia could be verification that NATO (and its surrogate) actively intends to attack Russia. In this case, Russia might feel justified to attack NATO targets outside of Ukraine. It is not pleasant to think how this situation might turn out.

Does anyone have more information about this?
The Ukrainians have been attacking targets in the rear, but it is not possible without Nato intel and support, they do it because the Ukrainians are taking a hell of a beating on the front line.

Belarusian leader Alexander Lukashenko said about the detention of saboteurs in the west of Belarus.
This is reported by BelTA.

At the same time, Lukashenko noted that it's no coincidence that he sets increasingly tough tasks for the ministries and requires commitment from the staff.
"You see what's going on around. But, pardon me, you don't know everything yet. I will tell you the main thing without being specific. What they reported to me this morning. Just today we detained several saboteurs on the Ukrainian border. With the help of drones through the swamps, some of the Ukrainian citizens were crawling across our border, transferring explosives to commit sabotage primarily on the territory of Russia and Belarus."
"The counter-terrorist operation that you didn't even notice has just ended. Good. This is none of your business. You should work quietly, do your job. The military operation has just ended. All the saboteurs have been detained. And Belarusians are among them."
According to the head of state, this is not an isolated fact: "It's practically two or three times a week.

The head of Belarus did not give details about the detention of saboteurs.

Earlier, State Secretary of the Security Council of Belarus Alexander Wolfovich said that sabotage and reconnaissance groups, whose task is to destabilize the situation in Belarus, are being trained in Ukraine.

Belarusian leader Alexander Lukashenko said about the detention of saboteurs in the west of Belarus.
This is reported by BelTA.

At the same time, Lukashenko noted that it's no coincidence that he sets increasingly tough tasks for the ministries and requires commitment from the staff.
"You see what's going on around. But, pardon me, you don't know everything yet. I will tell you the main thing without being specific. What they reported to me this morning. Just today we detained several saboteurs on the Ukrainian border. With the help of drones through the swamps, some of the Ukrainian citizens were crawling across our border, transferring explosives to commit sabotage primarily on the territory of Russia and Belarus."
"The counter-terrorist operation that you didn't even notice has just ended. Good. This is none of your business. You should work quietly, do your job. The military operation has just ended. All the saboteurs have been detained. And Belarusians are among them."
According to the head of state, this is not an isolated fact: "It's practically two or three times a week.

The head of Belarus did not give details about the detention of saboteurs.

Earlier, State Secretary of the Security Council of Belarus Alexander Wolfovich said that sabotage and reconnaissance groups, whose task is to destabilize the situation in Belarus, are being trained in Ukraine.
I normal times i don't agree with death sentences but these Fascists deserve nothing less.

Forum List

Back