Escaping the Partisan Death Spiral

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
This article is spot on. We've got to wake up and stop falling for the charade of two-party politics.

This was why the Framers feared political parties. Their reading of history led them to the conclusion that when political parties formed, there would naturally be just two of them. They would compete for majority status, and this competition would be fundamentally destabilizing. The prize of majority rule would lead the party in power to abuse the rules to rig themselves into permanent majorities. The party out of power would declare the government illegitimate and threaten violence. As they fought, self‐governance would collapse into anarchy and tyranny.
Isn't that pretty much where we're headed?

Last edited:
This article is spot on. We've to wake up and stop falling for the charade of two-party politics.

Isn't that pretty much where we're headed?
There once was a guy who exposed the establishment for what it was. A bunch of swamp creatures. That guy tried to drain that swamp, but the establishment fought like crying little babies, and did everything they could to let him continue draining that swamp. So now we are almost at the end of the story, with not a happy ending. And now you are waking up?

Not to sound pessimistic but the experiment is in its twilight.. Sadly, we've almost completed the circle.
1714181209607.png

Not to sound pessimistic but the experiment is in its twilight.. Sadly, we've almost completed the circle.
It's hard to disagree. While I do think ranked choice voting will help, and would have prevented the problem in the first place, it may just be too little, too late.

What you say is exactly what the Marxists want you to feel. There is nothing that you can do, but i beg to differ, if those who love this country ever unite.
Exactly the point of the article. The two parties actively prevent that from happening.

Exactly the point of the article. The two parties actively prevent that from happening.
Not all, only the establishment. When you hear someone going up against that swamp creature, you should be voting for that guy. As a united country we can bring that monstrosity down, but it takes 100s of millions of US to go against them.

Not all, only the establishment. When you hear someone going up against that swamp creature, you should be voting for that guy. As a united country we can bring that monstrosity down, but it takes 100s of millions of US to go against them.
"Us" and "them". That's the mindset that prevents those who love this country from uniting.

Did you have time to read the article?

"Us" and "them". That's the mindset that prevents those who love this country from uniting.

Did you have time to read the article?
I have always followed the original intent of the United States.

"United We Stand, Divided We Fall.

When people started hearing about, it is better to be Diverse, then i knew the end was near.

I have always followed the original intent of the United States.

"United We Stand, Divided We Fall.

When people started hearing about, it is better to be Diverse, then i knew the end was near.
Diversity, or rather acceptance of diversity, is how we stay united. Us vs them divides is.

Diversity, or rather acceptance of diversity, is how we stay united. Us vs them divides is.
No, that is not, when you put people into groups instead of one united people's then the government can pit that one group against the others, which is where we are at right this momenty.

Gays vs Straights
Blacks vs Whites
Women against Men with tits
Poor vs Rich

The Marxists keep this going and then the people need the government to step in and try to make everyone even, but instead they just make it worse, because the government fails at everything it touches.

A united front against the government and soon that government becomes for the people.

1714228206258.png

No, that is not, when you put people into groups instead of one united people's then the government can pit that one group against the others, which is where we are at right this momenty.

Gays vs Straights
Blacks vs Whites
Women against Men with tits
Poor vs Rich

The Marxists keep this going and then the people need the government to step in and try to make everyone even, but instead they just make it worse, because the government fails at everything it touches.
Exactly. Dividing people into opposed groups isn't diversity. Accepting diversity is the opposite of identity politics. But it's not just the Marxists playing the identity politics game. It's both major parties.

Did you read the article?

The future of American democracy depends on breaking this hyperpartisan doom loop. In a politics in which winning the next election becomes everything, we all lose. A relentless focus on winning loses sight of what it is that anybody actually wins. And as the stakes escalate, extremism continues to gain, and the relentless pursuit of short‐term victory challenges long‐standing constitutional norms.

Yeah, i read that, and while there are some non establishment people who actually want to save this country the establishment accuses them of being Far Right Radicals.

Do you believe that someone who is Patriotic to this country and doesnt want to see it turned into a 3rd world shithole, is "Radical"?

Do you believe that someone who is Patriotic to this country and doesnt want to see it turned into a 3rd world shithole, is "Radical"?

No. But I doubt seriously we agree on what is patriotic and I'm not a racist or a xenophobe.

No. But I doubt seriously we agree on what is patriotic and I'm not a racist or a xenophobe.
You see, once again, when you start losing an argument, you must resort to the typical liberal playbook instead of unifying against an overbearing government. This is exactly what the leftist have brainwashed into the low information voters.

1714251098143.png

Forum List

Back