Ration Books on the press???

HenryBHough

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Oak Grove, Massachusetts
Hasty conversion of money-printing presses to preparation of ration books?

U.S. Passport contractors told to convert to making ration books - what with travel being prohibited so no need for passports?

Hey, why not! In Tainted Tommy's Britain people are rushing to the media DEMANDING rationing to combat panic buying/hoarding!

Welling woman calls on PM to issue ration books amid coronavirus outbreak

Gressenhall family call for ration books amid coronavirus | Latest Dereham News | Dereham Times

It worked in America for World War II. Yes, I remember books of ration stamps and little blue penny-size fiber ration coins. They made great BINGO markers when ration finally ended. Hard to find any today.

Of course then rationing was imposed on lots of things that were NOT in short supply. The thinking was that to keep a crisis mentality fired up artificial "hardship" had to be imposed. It worked. Any reason it won't work this time?

Before fulminating consider the meaning of the "?".

..but there are no production shortages of milk/bread/TP/etc?...they don't need aluminum/steel/etc for war products-.......they don't need to send a lot of food to millions of military personnel --which created shortages for civilians

..but there are no production shortages of milk/bread/TP/etc?...they don't need aluminum/steel/etc for war products-.......they don't need to send a lot of food to millions of military personnel --which created shortages for civilians

The World War II era rationing encompassed many things that were not at all in short supply. Rationed only to produce a false sense of personal deprivation due to the war and maintain support for many unconstitutional restrictions.

Summer is coming and limits on our freedoms will wear thin if people aren't forced to believe!

Look also for scams begging money to send food and toilet paper to the starving - forced to beg because of shortages real or contrived.

Anyone try to find everclear?

Guess it's time to throw together a still, with all this corn around here.

Liquor store on Front Street has good stock of 190 Proof but none of the watered-down version. May have something to do with the price. Certainly not connected to the taste......

After much discussion with agency leadership and health officials, we have decided to close ALL Fine Wine & Good Spirits stores at 9:00 PM on March 17 until further notice. Coronavirus

However, apparently the crappy pruno and rotgut bathtub gin stores are open for business.

Hasty conversion of money-printing presses to preparation of ration books?

U.S. Passport contractors told to convert to making ration books - what with travel being prohibited so no need for passports?

Hey, why not! In Tainted Tommy's Britain people are rushing to the media DEMANDING rationing to combat panic buying/hoarding!

Welling woman calls on PM to issue ration books amid coronavirus outbreak

Gressenhall family call for ration books amid coronavirus | Latest Dereham News | Dereham Times

It worked in America for World War II. Yes, I remember books of ration stamps and little blue penny-size fiber ration coins. They made great BINGO markers when ration finally ended. Hard to find any today.

Of course then rationing was imposed on lots of things that were NOT in short supply. The thinking was that to keep a crisis mentality fired up artificial "hardship" had to be imposed. It worked. Any reason it won't work this time?

Before fulminating consider the meaning of the "?".
Makes me even happier we are working on putting a garden in...will expand it if need be.

Tried that stuff one time. Closed my throat up and that was more than enough for me. Never again.

Worst ever for me was the time I stupidly took a swig of Everclear out of the bottle. I almost choked to death on the shit.

You heard the expression "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes"? I almost won. :21:

Best Everclear recipe ever:

1 quart 190 proof Everclear
1 Cup Orange Curacao
1 dash angostura bitters
1 pint bottle Rose's (unsweetened) lime juice
1 coffee cup malted milk powder
Run on HIGH in a blender until thoroughly mixed
REFRIGERATE for a couple of hours

Put 3 ice cubes in a blender with one coffee
cup of the mixture; run on medium to become
a slush.

Serve.