Really stupid law makers making laws

eflatminor

Classical Liberal
May 24, 2011
Colorado Rep. Diana DeGette, the lead Democratic sponsor of a federal bill to ban high-capacity magazines, does not know what a magazine is.

I shit you not.

Behold the profound ignorance:

When asked how limiting the number of bullets in magazines would help reduce violence, she replied: “I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those now, they’re going to shoot them. So if you ban them in the future, the number of these high-capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time, because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.”

Gun bill sponsor doesn't understand how guns work | The Daily Caller

Oh...my...gawd. Simply mind boggling.

But unfortunately not unprecedented. Another genius gun grabbing law maker that doesn't know shit about that which she legislates:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospNRk2uM3U]Carolyn McCarthy - YouTube[/ame]

Someone tell me why we should trust these people? Anyone?

Colorado Rep. Diana DeGette, the lead Democratic sponsor of a federal bill to ban high-capacity magazines, does not know what a magazine is.

I shit you not.

When asked how limiting the number of bullets in magazines would help reduce violence, she replied: “I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those now, they’re going to shoot them. So if you ban them in the future, the number of these high-capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time, because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.”

But unfortunately not unprecedented. Another genius gun grabbing law maker that doesn't know shit about that which she legislates:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospNRk2uM3U]Carolyn McCarthy - YouTube[/ame]

It is no longer amazing to me how stupid liberals can be. There is no end to it!

I shit you not.

dude, shes know what a magazine is....she gets Cosmo and Glamor, shes pulling your leg:eusa_whistle:

Colorado state Sen. Greg Brophy, said that DeGette’s comment was “stunningly stupid.”

Yea, I'd have to agree with that one.

Colorado state Sen. Greg Brophy, said that DeGette’s comment was “stunningly stupid.”

But it hasnt prevented them from passing among the worst gun laws in the country, and losing a major company, MagPul, in the process.

That's how come we end up with so much legislation that makes no sense. Democrats elect leaders based on how much free stuff they will get.

There are people in both parties who are completely ignorant and making laws. Why? Because the people who elected them are likewise ignorant. We, as people, get the government we elect. If we elect ignorant, corrupt representatives, it's because we are ignorant and corrupt as a people.

We are ever learning and never coming to a knowledge of the truth. The change we need in society can only start from within.

I shit you not.

Stupidity in its absolute form.

That's how come we end up with so much legislation that makes no sense. Democrats elect leaders based on how much free stuff they will get.

Resulting in legislation that renders as many as possible on the government teat.

Published: Thursday, 4 Apr 2013 | 9:39 AM ET

The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits rose to its highest level in four months last week, suggesting the labor market recovery lost some steam in March.

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits increased 28,000 to a seasonally adjusted 385,000, the highest level since November, the Labor Department said on Thursday.

It was the third straight week of gains in claims. Coming on the heels of data on Wednesday showing private employers added the fewest jobs in five months in March, the report implied some weakening in job growth after hiring accelerated in February.

Weekly Jobless Claims Get Weaker as Outlook Dims

She was able to follow it up by being even more stupid.

DEM CONGRESSWOMAN MOCKS CONCERNED PRO-GUN SENIOR CITIZEN: ‘YOU’D PROBABLY BE DEAD ANYWAY’

During a public forum on national gun control legislation hosted by the Denver Post editorial board on Tuesday, U.S. Rep. Diana DeGette (D-Colo.) mocked a concerned pro-gun senior citizen when he expressed his fears regarding how gun control will affect his ability to defend himself.

Among the scheduled panelists at the forum were DeGette, Ed Perlmutter (D-Colo.), Republican state Sen. Kevin Lundberg, and Larimer County Sheriff Justin Smith, according to the Denver Post.

“My question is: What about me?” the Denver citizen asked Rep. DeGette, arguing against limiting magazine capacity. “There may not be one bad guy that comes into my house… I have to change magazines? I am a serious disadvantage.”

“What about me?” he repeated.

After arrogantly smirking at his question, DeGette replied: “The good news for you, you live in Denver. The [Denver Police Department] would be there within minutes.”

“You’d probably be dead anyway if they had that kind of firepower,” she added.

April | 2013 | TheBlaze.com ... ad-anyway/

DeGette replied: “The good news for you, you live in Denver. The [Denver Police Department] would be there within minutes."

Anyone that cares can phone the dear Ms DeGette to remind her that when seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

Denver Office
600 Grant Street, Suite 202
Denver, CO 80203-3525
Phone: (303) 844-4988
Fax: (303) 844-4996

Washington, D.C., Office
2368 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515-4329
Phone: (202) 225-4431
Fax: (202) 225-5657

You can also feel free to explain to her staff what a detachable magazine is.

a garbled statement does not equate the Representative 'not knowing' how or what a magazine is or works. Everyone has seen them used.

this OP has so many things wrong with it, but this is what propaganda looks like: somebody misspeaks or garbles and mangles statements and the propagandists are off and running with false premises, false conclusions, invalid arguments and straight out misrepresentations and lies.

:eek:

a garbled statement does not equate the Representative 'not knowing' how or what a magazine is or works. Everyone has seen them used.

this OP has so many things wrong with it, but this is what propaganda looks like: somebody misspeaks or garbles and mangles statements and the propagandists are off and running with false premises, false conclusions, invalid arguments and straight out misrepresentations and lies.

“I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those now, they’re going to shoot them. So if you ban them in the future, the number of these high-capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time, because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.”

There is no mangling or garbling. She clearly has no idea what she is talking about.

Complete and utter bullshit and you know it. This was no misstatement. There was no 'garbling' of words. She clearly does not know that a magazine can be reloaded and that is it not a disposable accessory. CLEARLY.

But I should thank you. The dis-ingenuousness of your claim here only demonstrates the overwhelming bias in your thought, and that discredits anything you have to say. You're only hurting your case, so please, keep thrilling us with your acumen. It's entertaining and helpful.

Forum List

Back