Rebel News says it owns truck showing Islamophobic messages

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I don't agree with this kind of messaging. As I always have said, even in the face of offensive language, as long as it doesn't encourage violence, free speech must be defended at all costs. It is why I don't like anyone trying to stifle speech it allows an opportunity to correct people when they are wrong or misinformed.

We should look to encourage people to be better, to unite rather than divide. It seems this company wishes to divide. This is apparently a response to the Pro-Palestinian protests.

Amid a police investigation and widespread condemnation of a digital-advertising truck broadcasting Islamophobic messages on GTA streets, far-right media outlet Rebel News says it owns the vehicle and will send it out again.

Rebel News founder Ezra Levant says the campaign, which shows images of Muslims and suggests Canada is under ā€œsiege,ā€ was paid for by an anonymous group that is opposed to pro-Palestinian protests.

He said he would allow the public to decide if the message is hateful.
ā€œYou donā€™t have to agree with the ad. I didnā€™t write their ad. I didnā€™t produce it. Iā€™m not here to defend their ads. I mean, you can take it or leave it,ā€ he said. ā€œItā€™s free speech.ā€

Toronto police said its hate crime unit was investigating the truck after its appearance on city streets raised concerns about inciting hatred toward the Muslim community. Police have not commented since Rebel News claimed responsibility.
Images on the side of the LED advertising cube truck show Muslims praying and statements such as ā€œIs this Yemen? Is this Syria? Is this Iraq?ā€
It goes on to say: ā€œNo. This is Canada. Wake up Canada. You are under siege.ā€

Islam, itself, is a cult of hatred against those who are not members of the cult.

What a silly term we have been hoodwinked into believing, this "Islamophobia" business. Do we call the rejection of any other dangerous cult a phobia?

Islam, itself, is a cult of hatred against those who are not members of the cult.

What a silly term we have been hoodwinked into believing, this "Islamophobia" business. Do we call the rejection of any other dangerous cult a phobia?
The very term is supposed to convey that people who do not want fundamental islamists coming in and spewing their hate of anyone not Muslim - ESPECIALLY Jews - have some irrational, unfounded ā€œfear.ā€

I see what happens when Islamists infiltrate our government and our education system: they use the hatred of Jews to promote antisemitism, or at the very least - refuse to call it out and take action to stop it. Schumer and Nadler, NY leftists, refused to condemn the horrific bullying and assaulting of Jews on the cityā€™s campuses -refusing to say a word.

And I just heard the SOROS DA Bragg - you know, the one who went in search of a crime to pin on Trump and couldnā€™t come up with anything but a weak misdemeanor from last decade - DISMISSED all charges against the antisemites on college campuses.

The double standard is chilling. The leftists jump to defend ISIS from being called a terrorist organization, and tolerate the most vicious Jew-bullying and abuse since WWII.

Forum List

Back