Recently arrived in Calgary from Syria, the Agri family celebrates their greatest Christmas ever

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I can imagine how relieved they must feel to get away from all the bombing.

Recently arrived in Calgary from Syria, the Agri family celebrates their greatest Christmas ever
BY BILL KAUFMANN,CALGARY SUN

FIRST POSTED: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 25, 2015 09:36 PM MST | UPDATED: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 25, 2015 10:48 PM MST

1297787440113_ORIGINAL.jpg

Recently arrived Syrian family, left to right, Beywar Agri, daughter Helen, 5, and wife Siwan with son Vickram, i, at their new home in Calgary, Ab., on Friday December 25, 2015. (Mike Drew/Calgary Sun)
For the Agri family, peace on their newfound part of Earth is their greatest Christmas gift.

The Kurdish Christian refugees were chased from their home in Serikanye, northern Syria, by aerial bombs of the Damascus regime in 2011.

Their stricken hometown was later overrun by the Islamic State.

Nearly five years later, they live in a tidy two-bedroom apartment in Calgary’s Beltline, its only decoration a small artificial Christmas tree with no gifts at its feet.

Continue reading at:

Recently arrived in Calgary from Syria, the Agri family celebrates their greatest Christmas ever?

Congratulations and welcome to your new life. I wish the family happiness and prosperity.

Forum List

Back