Recipe ideas???

HELP.......I'm at that point of needing some new & fresh ideas for supper. We've already had tacos, pizza, stir fry/Asian, burgers, steaks, fried chicken, ribs, pork chops, etc
Nothing sounds good. I'm stumped and in a funk.
Any great ideas that are easy, tasty and atleast somewhat healthy???

Homemade Baba Ghanoush with Tabbouleh Salad with onion and toasted pita bread are excellent when made right!

meatloaf is in my top 3 'comfort' foods ...

mac & cheese is number 1 & good thin crust neapolitan pizza is #2.

My new favorite comfort food is poor man's truffle pasta. We can get truffle butter at our local market. We toss this with cooked pasta and add a couple spoonfuls of the cheap tartuffe from the same place. It's so goooooood.

1d1b30efe6468b32cdff1fde481a3ed1.jpg

HELP.......I'm at that point of needing some new & fresh ideas for supper. We've already had tacos, pizza, stir fry/Asian, burgers, steaks, fried chicken, ribs, pork chops, etc

Nachos. Just cook some taco meat, put over the restaurant style tortilla chips, cover with shredded cheese and nuke for 30 seconds or so. Then throw some onions, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream or whatever you want on top.

I like making bierocks--a german filled roll. There are any number of recipes on the internet but I keep it simple.

Make a simple dinner roll dough using rapid rise yeast if you need to use it in a hurry.

While the bread is rising, in a large skillet brown some hamburger and add some chopped onion with salt, pepper, whatever seasonings you like. Just before the hamburger is completely done, throw in a bunch of shredded cabbage and stir fry it with the meat until the hamburger is completely cooked through and the cabbage has wilted. Add a liberal amount of worchestershire sauce to the mix and mix thorough and take it off the heat to cool a bit.

If your dinner roll recipe is for 12 rolls, break the risen dough into about six pieces. Roll each out using a rolling pin or just use your hands stretching it pretty thin. Put a dollop of the still warm but not hot hamburger/onion/cabbage mix in the center and pull the edge together. No need to let it rise again as the warmth of the mixture will encourage the rolls to rise.

Bake at the temperature you would bake the rolls--usually 350 to 400f for 10 to 20 minutes--until the bread is golden brown.

Serve with whatever sides you are in the mood to make.

I've never found anybody who didn't like these. Tasty and cheap to make.

I like making bierocks--a german filled roll. There are any number of recipes on the internet but I keep it simple.

Make a simple dinner roll dough using rapid rise yeast if you need to use it in a hurry.

While the bread is rising, in a large skillet brown some hamburger and add some chopped onion with salt, pepper, whatever seasonings you like. Just before the hamburger is completely done, throw in a bunch of shredded cabbage and stir fry it with the meat until the hamburger is completely cooked through and the cabbage has wilted. Add a liberal amount of worchestershire sauce to the mix and mix thorough and take it off the heat to cool a bit.

If your dinner roll recipe is for 12 rolls, break the risen dough into about six pieces. Roll each out using a rolling pin or just use your hands stretching it pretty thin. Put a dollop of the still warm but not hot hamburger/onion/cabbage mix in the center and pull the edge together. No need to let it rise again as the warmth of the mixture will encourage the rolls to rise.

Bake at the temperature you would bake the rolls--usually 350 to 400f for 10 to 20 minutes--until the bread is golden brown.

Serve with whatever sides you are in the mood to make.

I've never found anybody who didn't like these. Tasty and cheap to make.

YES......that was a favorite of hubbys. I haven't made them in a few years, but will do this winter. Thank you

I ended up making some oven BBQ chicken legs, with mac & cheese using nacho cheese sauce and some zucchini fritters.

Some fritters seasoned with garlic powder & parmesan cheese and some with buffalo sauce & ranch dressing.

Chili

2lbs ground beef, brown and drain
2lbs steak, cubed, brown and drain (stew meat works, may need to cut it smaller)

Put meat in large pot

Add:

1 cup chili powder
1 ½ tb smoke paprika
2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tb ancho chili powder
2 tb oregano
1 ½ tb salt
5 or 6 good shakes of garlic powder
1 tb or so of granulated sugar
2 - 10oz cans of Ro*Tel fire roasted diced tomatoes and green chiles
1 - 4oz can Hatch diced green chiles
2 - 12oz bottles of brown ale
3 or 4 shots of tequila

Stir, cover, and simmer 30 to 40 minutes

Taste. You may need to add more salt… or garlic powder… or something…

Add 2 - 15oz cans of rinsed Ranch Style Brand Texas Beans. (optional)
The last time I made this, I threw in a couple three cups of frozen corn
Simmer 30 minutes.

The chili freezes very well. It tastes better the day after making it. I freeze it in single servings.

If you don’t want to use the beer and tequila, the original recipe used water.​

Forum List

Back