Recipes Central - Repository of Favorites

12 Spicy Snacks That Bring the Heat​

From mouth-numbing Sichuan peppercorn-dusted wings to Korean-style fire chicken and anchovy banchan, these spicy snacks pack a fiery punch.​

Your New Favorite Weeknight Recipe Is Meat-Free (and Easy, Too)​

Whether you’re a vegetarian seeking fresh inspiration (sorry, salads) or just looking to cut back on meat without sacrificing flavor, these savory main dishes are all you need—no sides required.​

Last edited:

15 Next-Level Snack Recipes​

Why limit your snack time repertoire to stale granola bars and handfuls of chips? We’ve rounded up 15 of the most delicious, satiating, and simple recipes to upgrade your next 3pm break.​

A Brief History of Pancakes​

From ancient Greece to Shrove Tuesday celebrations, the sweet or savory flat cakes have long been a culinary staple
~~~~~~~~~~~~

What’s the Difference Between Glass and Metal Baking Pans?​

We break down the pros and cons of baking in glass versus metal.​

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eggless Chocolate Mousse Recipe​

A couple helpers here;
Fish Sauce, Loud and Proud
Fish sauce is nothing new. The salty, sweet, and seafood-y condiment, typically made by fermenting small salted fish like anchovies, has been flavoring dishes in Asia for thousands of years. But for the last couple decades, articles in Western food media have frequently cast fish sauce as a “secret ingredient,” used by “chefs” to imbue just about anything with umami on the sly—Caesar dressing, Bolognese, or beans on toast. A furtive dash of a potent, exotic elixir.

It’s true that a splash of fish sauce makes for a good marinara. But the implication was that you had to hide fish sauce, sneaking it into the food of unsuspecting diners, lest they balk (“You put what in the tomato sauce?”). Everyone loves a good secret, but fish sauce—which is known as nuoc mam in Vietnam, nam pla in Thailand, patis in the Philippines, and garum in the kitchens of ancient Phoenicia—is so commonplace a seasoning that it’s used much like salt in the West or soy sauce in East Asia. And today, rather than hiding fish sauce, many Southeast Asian chefs, food creators, and home cooks are wielding the traditional ingredient loudly and proudly in creative dishes, recipe titles and even newsletter titles.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These Sauces (5) Are Mother, You Listen to Them​

They're here to support you through all your flavor challenges, and they love you no matter what.​

Some more helpful tips and methods.

How to Fry Fish: The Ultimate Guide on Everything from Oil Temperature to Batter Recipes​

Here’s your guide on how to fry fish like a pro
~~~~~~~~~~~​

Baked Turkey Meatballs Recipe​

Easy to make, tender, and absolutely delicious. Serve with spaghetti, buns, or over zucchini noodles.
~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Garlic Butter Steak Bites​

Here’s how you can have perfect steakhouse bites any night of the week.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Several ideas linked here;​

How to Build a Better Breakfast​

The ultimate guide to leveling up every item on your morning menu, from reinventing your oatmeal experience to getting the crisp on your hash browns just right.​

16 Chicken With Rice Recipes for a Comforting Meal​

The well-known combo spans cultures and cuisines, and is our favorite way to get dinner on the table.
Making chili the old fashioned way--dry beans, jalapeno's, fresh tomatoes, garlic, cumin, burger and linquica, chili powder---mmm, mmm good. Batch of corn bread. Can't wait.

Making chili the old fashioned way--dry beans, jalapeno's, fresh tomatoes, garlic, cumin, burger and linquica, chili powder---mmm, mmm good. Batch of corn bread. Can't wait.
Sound delicious and great. Chili is one of our favorites also.

IIRC, "old fashion way", i.e. original/first versions were without beans. And "purists" will also say "no beans". Story I've heard is that chili started as a way to cook lean rangy beef while on cattle drives. Mostly the chopped beef with peppers, and/or tomatoes, to help soften it to edible~chewable condition.

I like beans for added source of proteins and more texture and flavor. Usually use canned ones and pour in with the 'juice' for added fluid. Canned being already cooked, the chili is ready to eat sooner. Usually use a mix of black, red, kidney, and/or pinto beans, about a can each at least, in a 5-8 quart pot of meat and other ingredients.

For meat, I use "steak", usually a cheap cut like chuck or round, diced into about 1/4" to /12" and added to a pan of sauteed chopped onions and garlic, maybe with some diced bell or jalapeno, or similar peppers (what's on sale or at hand). If 'burger'~ground meat; usually a mix of beef and/or pork with chicken/turkey, browned in a skillet. Sausage, like linquica or similar is an occasional option addition, though I usually like such for pasta sauce or paella.

I'll use canned tomatoes, either store bought or from our preserves, and some tomato paste also. Like to sprinkle paprika on the meat while it is being browned. Once assembled and simmering, I'm going for not too watery, but not thick as paste either. At simmer stage I like to add a few tablespoons of chocolate powder to give a more mole' slant (and make the sauce a bit more 'brown'), along with some brown sugar and/or honey. The sweet and chocolate help tame down the "hot" of the spices and give more depth to the flavor.

Like many similar dishes, always better the next day or two after it's has aged a bit.

More ideas in the thread for chili;
Chili / Chili Cheese

15 Chicken Dinners That Use Just 4 Ingredients​

Don't make dinner more complicated than it needs to be.
When you need a memorable meal in a hurry, reach for pantry-friendly chicken recipes that require just 4 ingredients (not counting freebies like basic cooking oils, salt, and pepper). These versatile dishes showcase the power of using simple ingredients to create deliciously rich flavor. Try one of our easy recipes and you'll never have a boring chicken dinner again.

I would try and make this myself but I would just mess it up. I would love to taste it though. Apology for the black screen see it on youtube it is a fine-looking dessert.

How To Make Better-than-IKEA Swedish Meatballs​

A succulent combination of beef and pork, warmly spiced then crisped and browned before being smothered in creamy, savory gravy.

5 Rhubarb Recipes to Try Before It Goes Out of Season​

How to best enjoy the tart vegetable, from a sweet, summer-ready crisp to a savory stew.​

~~~~~~~~~~
I also use rhubarb to make a chunky version of sweet and sour sauce.

Forum List

Back