Regurgitating the Apple: How Modern Liberals "Think"

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Time to recycle this gem of an article, enjoy those who are open minded enough to read it.

From the article:

I tell a story. It's not a true story, but it helps crystallize my thinking that brought me to become a conservative. I say: Imagine being in a restaurant with an old friend, and you're catching up, and suddenly he blurts out, "I hate my wife." You chuckle to yourself because he says it every time you're together, and you know he doesn't hate his wife; they've been together for 35 years. He loves his daughters, and they're just like her. No, he doesn't hate his wife.

So you're having dinner, and you look out the window and spot his wife, and she's being beaten up right outside the restaurant. You grab your friend and say, "Come on, let's help her. Let's help your wife," and he says, "Nah, I'm sure she deserves it." At that moment, it dawns on you: He really does hate his wife.

That's what 9/11 was to me. For years and years I'd hear my friends from the Left say how evil and horrible and racist and imperialistic and oppressive America is, and I'd chuckle to myself and think, "Oh, they always say that; they love America." Then on 9/11, we were beaten up, and when I grabbed them by the collar, and I said, "Come on, let's help her. Let's help America," and they said, "Nah, she deserves it."

Wow, there are partisan hacks so extreme out there that they're still defending Bush lying the nation into war for political gain?

The dishonesty and historical revisionism of it is staggering. Pointing out that Bush lied his ass off was not saying "America deserved it". Even Trump points out Bush lied, and most Republicans aren't arguing. Only the most flagrant partisan hacks are still trying to use Bush's war as an excuse to hate liberals.

Forum List

Back