Religion: The Drug They Aren't Warning You About

Your thread reminded me of something Katherine Kuhlman said in a sermon once. She said, Men are free to do as they want and I am free to do as I ought. This a very profound statement because what she is saying is all men have a free will and if Christians decide to use their free will to do as they "ought" ( realizing God's Authority ) then this too should be respected.

Surrendering ones life to Jesus Christ and becoming a christian is not a drug. It is what delivers one "from" drugs and many other addictions. A life surrendered to Jesus Christ is where Victory abides. No surrendered life to Christ? No victory.

Sin may be fun for a season but in the end it brings for death. Drinking champagne on a tv commercial may look glamorous but it isn't glamorous ten years later when the same person is vomiting over a toilet in a jail cell after being arrested for a DUI.

Premarital sex may seem acceptable to the cool mom and dad but when your daughter dies from the complication of an abortion she didn't tell you she was having - you'll wish you had been parents instead of her friend / buddy.

Buying beer for your sons keg party may make you a hit with him and his friends tonight but tomorrow morning when you are identifying his body at a morgue from hitting a telephone pole head on at 100 mph you'll be grieving your heart out for every having done such a stupid thing...

Ignoring God and mocking Him tonight might seem the hip thing to do in front of your buddies here but when this nation comes under attack and you wonder why God does not answer your cries to save your life - you'll be thinking back on this night. ( in hell )

Something to consider and a good reason to have a change of heart while you still have the breath in you to do it.

Is this guy for real? Does he seriously think I'm an atheist so people on this forum, whom I've never met will think I'm "hip" What in the serious fuck. Also what does any of that other shit have to do with the current topic of discussion? I don't even have words for how dumb this person's statement is.

Last edited:
Your thread reminded me of something Katherine Kuhlman said in a sermon once. She said, Men are free to do as they want and I am free to do as I ought. This a very profound statement because what she is saying is all men have a free will and if Christians decide to use their free will to do as they "ought" ( realizing God's Authority ) then this too should be respected.

Surrendering ones life to Jesus Christ and becoming a christian is not a drug. It is what delivers one "from" drugs and many other addictions. A life surrendered to Jesus Christ is where Victory abides. No surrendered life to Christ? No victory.

Sin may be fun for a season but in the end it brings for death. Drinking champagne on a tv commercial may look glamorous but it isn't glamorous ten years later when the same person is vomiting over a toilet in a jail cell after being arrested for a DUI.

Premarital sex may seem acceptable to the cool mom and dad but when your daughter dies from the complication of an abortion she didn't tell you she was having - you'll wish you had been parents instead of her friend / buddy.

Buying beer for your sons keg party may make you a hit with him and his friends tonight but tomorrow morning when you are identifying his body at a morgue from hitting a telephone pole head on at 100 mph you'll be grieving your heart out for every having done such a stupid thing...

Ignoring God and mocking Him tonight might seem the hip thing to do in front of your buddies here but when this nation comes under attack and you wonder why God does not answer your cries to save your life - you'll be thinking back on this night. ( in hell )

Something to consider and a good reason to have a change of heart while you still have the breath in you to do it.

Is this guy for real? Does he seriously think I'm an atheist so people on this forum, whom I've never met will think I'm "hip" What in the serious fuck. Also what does any of that other shit have to do with the current topic of discussion? I don't even have words for how dumb this person's statement is.

He's higher than a kite on J.

Glad least I'm not the only person that thinks so lol

Glad least I'm not the only person that thinks so lol

J high is the best way to have fun

It isn't my personal beliefs that come into play here it's my unbiased observation of religious history. I used to be a Christian and unlike many atheists who left the church because they felt ostracized or unaccepted, I loved my church and felt very close to my fellow believers. But first and foremost I have always been a student of history and I'm thankful for that fact because it led me to eventually open my eyes to the truth about religion. You see as I studied other religions and mythologies it became apparent that these religious doctrines were manufactured as a way to create law and order through fear and superstition and it was the day I realized that this applied to my own religion that I became an atheist. I accept that in many cases early religion played an important role in taking us from nomadic hunter gatherers to the first civilizations and I accept that if helped to establish societal order by making early man think that their would be dire consequences in the afterlife for unacceptable actions. But we are steadily outgrowing religion and have come to a point where it does more harm than good and has been abused by the powers that be for too long.

So, you're basically a Christian pissed off with God. I can only repeat, rather than allow your beliefs to control you, you should employ that rational brain you spoke of.

You make me want to facepalm so hard right now. No I am not pissed off at God. God does not exist. I'm pissed off at the individuals that misuse religion to trample on the rights of others. I'm perfectly fine with religious people that don't try to force their beliefs on others.

The thing is that I have read your posts and they are not in line with what you just said. What you have done is replace one belief with another and you have yet to provide anything but belief in support of that new belief. No net change.

You continue to think of religion in terms of God, which means you have not gotten over your belief in God no matter what you might believe to the contrary. If you begin with the premise that God is a non-factor, then all that is left is people. Animals just like all the other animals. Animals can be studied, their behavior identified. One behavior in this particular species is religion. Not a belief, a behavior. Now consider how such a behavior becomes universal within the species - keeping in mind we are talking about religion and not faith. They are not the same thing. Religion is a group behavior.

Forum List

Back