Reloading

JohnDB

Platinum Member
Jun 16, 2021
Ok...
A portion of my family lives in Rural TN.

And apparently there's certain things that they say are in extremely short supply to the point that they can't get any.

Reloading dies and supplies for 300 Blackout being one of them. Can't get the powder, can't get the shells, bullets and especially the rounds already made.

Brother said that he grabbed a box this past week for an outrageous price of premade...but the powder he wants and the dies are non-existent... because the shops can't get them.

9mm he can get all day long. 30-06 he can get.
22 he can get. 45 he can get... powder though is getting scarce,

Any other reloaders having issues?

Ok...

And apparently there's certain things that they say are in extremely short supply to the point that they can't get any.

Reloading dies and supplies for 300 Blackout being one of them. Can't get the powder, can't get the shells, bullets and especially the rounds already made.

Brother said that he grabbed a box this past week for an outrageous price of premade...but the powder he wants and the dies are non-existent... because the shops can't get them.

I assume they're not looking online. Most all of that is available online, primers are the items in super short supplies.

1645321591389.png

No shells needed.
Can make your own reloads out of just about anything.

I assume they're not looking online. Most all of that is available online, primers are the items in super short supplies.
They are a bit shy about ordering online. Too many scammers out there.

So yeah...if they could find a place to just purchase what they need it would be awesome. But they aren't.

They are a bit shy about ordering online. Too many scammers out there.

So yeah...if they could find a place to just purchase what they need it would be awesome. But they aren't.
Well, they'll probably be out of luck for a while. They need to go to the online sites that are well known like Midway, Midsouth, Cabela's, Amazon (no powder or primers), Sportsman's Warehouse, etc.

Ok...

I ordered dies for 5.56 a year ago and just got them a few weeks ago.

I mostly load .223 and .308.

I have several thousand primers. I have the brass. I can get the bullets.

Can't find the powder (like H-335 or CFE 233).
Powder is kind of limited, but I've been able to find it. Had to use different recipes, but it is what it is. The primer supply is completely fucked, though.

I did find some videos on using Prime-All Repriming compound to make your own primers out of the fired ones. Supposedly has complete instructions on how to do it and I read one person claim one out of twenty will go off when pressing the anvil back into position so wear gloves and eye protection.

Prime-All Repriming Compound

Last edited:
Reloading supplies are still available on the internet. Midway is a good choice. Reloading dies never wear out so I wonder why alleged experienced reloaders need new dies. My guess is that the post is bogus.

Reloading supplies are still available on the internet. Midway is a good choice. Reloading dies never wear out so I wonder why alleged experienced reloaders need new dies. My guess is that the post is bogus.
This post isn't bogus. Apparently my brother acquired the rifle after the lockdown in 2020 for a good price. And after he got it sighted in he discovered issues with getting ammunition...and then it disappeared altogether. So he thought that he could do some reloading to go with his kit...and then all the supplies dried up and he couldn't even get the dies for it. He has the Hod-something setup.
So he has been looking since for them at the reloading stores and has come up empty. So I thought that I'd bring the subject here and see what y'all knew on the subject. I personally don't do reloading. Simply because I don't have any firearms in TN... mine are stashed elsewhere.

And I don't live in a really poor neighborhood or a really wealthy one so I have nothing really to worry about.

Besides...I know where to go if I did need that sort of thing as my friends and family all have plenty. I can shoot and I can reload...I just don't. I have PLENTY of other interests that fill my time.

Unless it is some exotic or antiquated caliber or the loader is unique somehow it's easy to find dies. Lee has a loading setup that runs from one at a time hand made stuff on up to turret presses and Rock Chucker. A Cabellas seems to be within a hundred miles of everybody these days and Dixie Gun Works is in Tennessee.

Unless it is some exotic or antiquated caliber or the loader is unique somehow it's easy to find dies. Lee has a loading setup that runs from one at a time hand made stuff on up to turret presses and Rock Chucker. A Cabellas seems to be within a hundred miles of everybody these days and Dixie Gun Works is in Tennessee.
Tell you what... you visit these places and see if they have supplies....take a pic with something showing it's a current pic and I'll believe you and rush out the door to get the stuff.

It's not on the shelves. Just like everyone is saying.

Forum List

Back