Remember When Ammo Prices rose 250%

In Virginia it was a couple of factors, the BLM riots, and the dems holding Richmond......Pretty much anything that went bang from .22 to 12 ga was flying off the racks/shelves.

I was selling Turk surplus 8mm Mauser for $1.50 a round that I paid 3-cents a round for, it was crazy.

I saw a local shop get in a pallet of Turk 12 ga pumps and they all sold in a day for three times what they paid for them.

Why did ammo go up 250% in 6 months from 6/2020 to 1/2021
Neat ammo price graph site. I didn't know it starte going crazy as late as 6/7/2020. I thought it started in the winter. Looks pretty stable now since 12/12/2021, but at 50% above 6/7/2020 price.
On why it went up. Just guessing. but combination of Covid shutdowns, election year riots, election paranoia and Federal buys of the supply. I also remember something of a production/supply problem on primers. My son is still having problems on primer at any decent price point. If indecent, they can be had, but what is the point of reloading if it is not saving you anything by the time you figure your time?

In Virginia it was a couple of factors, the BLM riots, and the dems holding Richmond......Pretty much anything that went bang from .22 to 12 ga was flying off the racks/shelves.

I was selling Turk surplus 8mm Mauser for $1.50 a round that I paid 3-cents a round for, it was crazy.

I saw a local shop get in a pallet of Turk 12 ga pumps and they all sold in a day for three times what they paid for them.
IMO it's crazy that you even bothered to sell that garbage let alone gouge on the price.

Just curious about the outrage/not?

Who caused this increase?

Of course this happened under trump, but I'm in no way suggesting trump has anything to do with increased ammo prices, so why the 250% INCREASE?

Ammo is now a necessity thanks to the dems....
I have a cousin that has 5,000 guns and millions of rounds, and he bought them regardless of the POTUS.

Who the fuck needs that much?
Kinda like who really needs a net worth of 18 Billion $$$$$$.

Forum List

Back