Rep Pat Meehan (R) says he has affection for younger aide, saw her as soul mate, denies harassment

So, your point is that if inappropriate feelings develop that one should report the potential for sexual harassment?

Seems a bit harsh to report someone for MAYBE someday doing something.
It's like reporting child abuse......leave it to the proper authorities to investigate.

Sounds like you want potential victims to be silent and just take it.
Take what? Of course they should be silent. They have nothing to complain about.

This is like those crazy women complaining that they are potential rape victims and want men prosecuted.

RAPE?
He might have gotten away with it if he hadn't sent the woman a letter.

Got away with what, exactly?
harassment :rolleyes:

So, you don't know either.

Got it.
Sexual harassment in the work place... superior-inferior.

If this was so innocent on Meehan's part and he only wanted a grandfather/grand daughter type of soulmate relationship with her as Jim laughably stated...

Then Meehan would have invited her to his home, to have dinner on the weekends with his family, even with her boyfriend there too, so they too can welcome this "soulmate" of his in to the family and share in this innocent "soulmate" grandpa experience with grandma too!

:rolleyes:

I never claimed it was innocent. I said, there is no evidence that he did anything more than write an inappropriate letter.

THat is not reason to destroy a career or a life.

Actually,

1) he PUBLICLY called a woman who wasn't his wife his "soul mate".

2) He paid a settlement to a woman for sexually harassing her. While we might not know exactly what he did, we do know it was bad enough for him to pay her a whole bunch of money to stay quiet.

3) We have the letter that he wrote. Now, this letter alone wouldn't be enough to call for a huge settlement, so there has to be something else there.

No, it was more than just a letter.

It's like reporting child abuse......leave it to the proper authorities to investigate.

Sounds like you want potential victims to be silent and just take it.
Take what? Of course they should be silent. They have nothing to complain about.

This is like those crazy women complaining that they are potential rape victims and want men prosecuted.

RAPE?
harassment :rolleyes:

So, you don't know either.

Got it.
Sexual harassment in the work place... superior-inferior.

If this was so innocent on Meehan's part and he only wanted a grandfather/grand daughter type of soulmate relationship with her as Jim laughably stated...

Then Meehan would have invited her to his home, to have dinner on the weekends with his family, even with her boyfriend there too, so they too can welcome this "soulmate" of his in to the family and share in this innocent "soulmate" grandpa experience with grandma too!

:rolleyes:

I never claimed it was innocent. I said, there is no evidence that he did anything more than write an inappropriate letter.

THat is not reason to destroy a career or a life.

Actually,

1) he PUBLICLY called a woman who wasn't his wife his "soul mate".

2) He paid a settlement to a woman for sexually harassing her. While we might not know exactly what he did, we do know it was bad enough for him to pay her a whole bunch of money to stay quiet.

3) We have the letter that he wrote. Now, this letter alone wouldn't be enough to call for a huge settlement, so there has to be something else there.

No, it was more than just a letter.

1. Yep. He called a woman who wasn't his wife his "soul mate". That was wrong. Depending on context that could have been sexual harassment, or not. We don't know.

2. Lawyers and insurances companies are often happy to pay off people regardless of the validity of any claim, if it is quicker,easier and/or cheaper to do so. I find it hard to believe that you didn't know that.

3. I agree that that letter is not enough to justify a payoff. That is not proof that there is more. So far I have not even seen a serious claim of what else might have happened, let alone any supporting evidence.

This is part of a witch hunt, by assholes who are happy to destroy people's lives on little if any just cause.

Such people are vile scum.

He might have gotten away with it if he hadn't sent the woman a letter.

Allegations of impure thoughts.

That seems to be all that occurred. But the libs won't admit that.

They are completely dishonest and vile.
But...not this Representative, right?

The guy developed a crush on a woman he worked with.

NOt what I would call vile, no.

What lie do you think he told?

Forum List

Back