Report: Majority of Iranians Actually Reject Islam

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Interesting article. The Iranians I have worked with didn't seem very religious to me.

11:00AM EDT 5/20/2014
Greg Yoder/Mission Network News

Berlin, Germany, is considered one of the most godless places in the world. According to a report from The Guardian, 50 percent of the population can be identified as atheist. It's ironic, because this city has become a magnet for Iranian Christians seeking asylum.

According to the report, Germany hasn't seen an Iranian migrant population growth this large since the 1979 Iranian Revolution. The Guardian reports that the association of Iranian refugees in Berlin says the number of Iranians coming to Germany has doubled every year for the last five years—from less than 1,000 in 2008 to 4,348 in 2012.

Figures from the federal office for migration and refugees in Germany confirms this trend. With over 3,500 Iranians granted asylum last year, Iran was one of five countries from which Germany saw a rise in asylum applications.

Read more at:

I'm sure a lot do, but out of a sense of following the crowd I would think most still observe and submit. To not do so would be dangerous.

Forum List

Back