Report: North Korea May Have Conducted Nuclear Test

We need to get out of the wars we're already in, not enter into another one.

Nice idea - except that North Korea has long-range missiles and nuclear bombs. What exactly do you think N. Korea intends to do with both of those? Just sit on them?

Maybe they want to deter people from invading them?

Yes, excellent idea! Before N. Korea developed a bomb, no one gave a shit about them. Now that they have a bomb, everyone wants to destroy them. Go North Korea!

Nice idea - except that North Korea has long-range missiles and nuclear bombs. What exactly do you think N. Korea intends to do with both of those? Just sit on them?

Yes, excellent idea! Before N. Korea developed a bomb, no one gave a shit about them. Now that they have a bomb, everyone wants to destroy them. Go North Korea!

LMAO---you have heard about the Korean War, I assume ?

WTF are you talking about? I'm in favor of making a glass desert out of Iran... I didn't take the punch out of anything, the Cons knew perfectly well what they were doing that's why they didn't allow coffins to be shown on TV. They knew they'd run out of public support even faster if people could see the dead service men coming back. They KNEW exactly what they were doing by engaging in pointless wars.

You condemn pointless wars and advocate for "making a glass desert out of Iran" in the same post?

I don't think it'd be pointless to take out a young nuclear power before they get a big head on their shoulders. Unlike N. Korea, Iran has the missiles to make their nukes effective.

I look at it this way. GW was cleaning up the mess of leaving Saddam in there and keeping our troops in a holding pattern. This took a piece off the "chess board" of international politics. There is one less madman to worry about now. And believe me, if we had just walked off and left Saddam in power it would have been an insane mess of having The Mullahs vs Saddam for the nuclear showdown in the region. And Israel would get hit in the crossfire.
As it is we now have to deal with one less threat (or potential threat if you listen to the libs).
In three years we will be able to take all of our troops out of Iraq as opposed to an open ended occupation of Kuwait and southern Iraq.
Now as the nutbags in NK get ready to go armed we can point to them and say to the Chinese that they have a madman standing on their front porch with a bomb in his hand screaming obscenities at the neighbors.
If we phrase it the right way the Chinese will listen.
It's all a matter of careful labeling. As any democrat will attest to.

LMAO---you have heard about the Korean War, I assume ?

That was over 50 years ago. Again, no one gave a shit about Korea before they developed nukes. N. Korea could have just gone on and continued starving and torturing his people and everything would have been fine and dandy.

Um you do know that was the 1950's don't you?

And yet our troops are still in South Korea.

Pretty stupid - isn't it? Why did we get involved in the Korean War again? How was that a threat against us? Seems like the beginning of a half century of getting involved in wars we shouldn't have been.

No kidding, and it's far more than half a century. So now my question is, why are you advocating that we get involved in more wars we shouldn't be in?

And yet our troops are still in South Korea.

Pretty stupid - isn't it? Why did we get involved in the Korean War again? How was that a threat against us? Seems like the beginning of a half century of getting involved in wars we shouldn't have been.

No kidding, and it's far more than half a century. So now my question is, why are you advocating that we get involved in more wars we shouldn't be in?

Because North Korea can launch a long range missile and have it hit Japan.

Then let Japan get into a war with them.

We should invade Pakistan as well, because they have nuclear weapons that could destroy India, which would make Dell customer service even slower.

Well, we've tried negotiations, we've tried treaties, we've tried sanctions... it's time to take N. Korea out.

SEOUL, South Korea — South Korean media are reporting that North Korea may have conducted a nuclear test. YTN television is citing an unnamed government official and the Yonhap news agency cites a ruling party member as saying the nuclear test may have occured Monday morning.
South Korean President Lee Myung-bak has convened an emergency meeting.

IF this is anyones problem it's China's.

Wow. Looky looky at the chickenhawks come lately.
Remember when they were calling us chickenhawks? Whether we were vets or not it didn't matter. "Get thee to Iraq, Chickenhawk!" was their cry.

Now it's their turn: "Get your asses to Afghanistan Chickenhawk Liberals". Put up or shut up.

So can we.

Forum List

Back