Republican leadership on how to stop the oil gusher crisis

great, raising the liability amount will really stop this oil from spreading and will absolutely ensure no future leaks will occur

great, raising the liability amount will really stop this oil from spreading and will absolutely ensure no future leaks will occur

What you expected the Feds to be Proactive?

:lol:

Really? How?

SARCASM

go back and read the title of the thread, you obviously misread it...

I don't get it. Do you not think its critically important this liability limit be raised ASAP?

Don't we need to raise this limit while the leak is still occurring in order to use it, due to ex post facto restrictions?

I think that we should drill right beside the gushing spout and suck like mad...just like drinking a milk shake with another friend with separate straws?

That would in fact work and probably what they'll end up doing. Drilling a secondary well. not the suck like mad part.

Fight fire with fire!

Its going to take forever, though, and in the meantime there is risk the leak could get much worse.

I hope someone is considering more drastic measures. The environmental effects of a small nuclear would, for the most part, be localized. But I'm no expert - I suppose there is certainly a chance a nuke could make the leak worse.

Fight fire with fire!

Its going to take forever, though, and in the meantime there is risk the leak could get much worse.

I hope someone is considering more drastic measures. The environmental effects of a small nuclear would, for the most part, be localized. But I'm no expert - I suppose there is certainly a chance a nuke could make the leak worse.

I've already proposed what I like to call, "Samson's Nuclear Option."

Place a nuc, or several nucs, near the hole on the floor of the Gulf.

The resulting concussion will shift sediment to cover and plug the hole.

Fuck am I the only one thinkin' here???!!:evil:

Anyone hear anything from those d-bags that have told us what experts they are and how the drilling is SO FUCKING SAFE????

Yes, Palin just said to lets continue drilling. That is her plan. :eusa_pray:

Two accidents in 20+ years and the world is now coming to an end!
twister.gif

You are defending this as acceptable risk?

Why do you hate our country so much you would sell it to the highest foriegn bidder?
Yes, it's an acceptable risk.

How do you even get out of bed in the morning?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Jcrk6jGfo]YouTube - I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully[/ame]

You are defending this as acceptable risk?

Why do you hate our country so much you would sell it to the highest foriegn bidder?
Yes, it's an acceptable risk.

How do you even get out of bed in the morning?

What is it exactly that you have at risk?
My life, every time I venture out of my house.

Hell, a truck could lose its brakes and smash into my car, when I'm not even looking! :eek:

Life's tough, shit happens, wear a helmet.

If they didn't think that anything could fail, they sure as hell ain't gonna be able to figure out how to stop it.

Republicans don't think. That is the problem.

Anyone hear anything from those d-bags that have told us what experts they are and how the drilling is SO FUCKING SAFE????

yes,, they are drafting a plan even as we speak to stuff bawney fwank, chris dodder and pop up in da hole to plug it up,, if they need back up there is always franken

Again... I am tired of reminding people of this.

DO NOT put Barney Frank and the phrase "plug up a hole" in the same sentence again.

Last warning.

What is it exactly that you have at risk?
My life, every time I venture out of my house.

Hell, a truck could lose its brakes and smash into my car, when I'm not even looking! :eek:

Life's tough, shit happens, wear a helmet.

What do you stand to lose in this oil spill?
The same thing I stand to lose when a jet airliner crashes.

Then again, I don't poop my pants about the commercial aviation industry when those rare events happen, either.

Forum List

Back