Republican Sr. Congressman, Don Young Embroiled in Wetbackgate

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsK4mU6NfQU]GOP Congressman Don Young Walks Back 'Wetbacks' Comment Following Backlash: 'I Meant No Disrespect' - YouTube[/ame]

This is absolutely reprehensible.

Not only was his non-apology fake apology insincere it was an outright lie.

How ELSE is the term "wetback" used from when you were a boy in California?

Republicans just cant let go of that damn shovel...can they?

*SMH*

I wonder how many GOPers will come to his defense?

I see that one or two has already publicly condemned the statements.

What say you USMB RWers?

Weigh in.

I take it there's no way anyone could defend this one, no matter how radical or RW they are.

Good stuff.

Just out of curiosity, Marc, were you just as outraged when you heard about this:

Joe Mitchell, Alabama Democrat, Sends Email Blasting Constituent's 'Slave-Holding, Murdering' Kin

Hey man. You have used the word ‘except’ when I think you mean somethin’ else.
Hey man. Your folk never used all this sheit [sic] to protect my folk from your slave-holding, murdering, adulterous, baby-raping, incestuous, snaggle-toothed, backward-a**ed, inbreed [sic], imported criminal-minded kin folk. You can keep sending me stuff like you have however because it helps me explain to my constituents why they should protect that 2nd amendment thing AFTER we finish stocking up on spare parts, munitions and the like.
Bring it. As one of my friends in the Alabama Senate suggested – “BRING IT!!!!”

JOSEPHm, a prepper (’70-’13)

Mobile County

Inquiring minds...

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, Marc, were you just as outraged when you heard about this:

Joe Mitchell, Alabama Democrat, Sends Email Blasting Constituent's 'Slave-Holding, Murdering' Kin

Hey man. Your folk never used all this sheit [sic] to protect my folk from your slave-holding, murdering, adulterous, baby-raping, incestuous, snaggle-toothed, backward-a**ed, inbreed [sic], imported criminal-minded kin folk. You can keep sending me stuff like you have however because it helps me explain to my constituents why they should protect that 2nd amendment thing AFTER we finish stocking up on spare parts, munitions and the like.

Mobile County

Inquiring minds...

Wow Marc has not responded to your question why am I not shocked? As far as Young goes he's not my Congressional rep so I don't really care about his comment that is up to the people in the district he represents to deal with.

I take it there's no way anyone could defend this one, no matter how radical or RW they are.

Good stuff.

its coming from a politician Marc.....how many times do these jerks say something stupid?....and it aint just the GOP.....a few years back out here one of our local Democratic politicians said something about Illegals basically being third world lowlifes,he said it differently,but that's what he meant.....out here i think Illegals have been called so many names that they are not bothered unless the activist rile some of them up....and "wetback" is one of the more mild terms used....

Why defend stupid?

Good question.

Mobile County

Inquiring minds...

Yeah, inquiring minds would like to know why you changed your mind about defending stupid.

Good stuff.

its coming from a politician Marc.....how many times do these jerks say something stupid?....and it aint just the GOP.....a few years back out here one of our local Democratic politicians said something about Illegals basically being third world lowlifes,he said it differently,but that's what he meant.....out here i think Illegals have been called so many names that they are not bothered unless the activist rile some of them up....and "wetback" is one of the more mild terms used....

This politician was born, raised and educated in CALIFORNIA!

Calling a poor Mexican "wetback" is no more offensive than calling a poor white American a "redneck".

Why defend stupid?

Good question.

Mobile County

Inquiring minds...

Yeah, inquiring minds would like to know why you changed your mind about defending stupid.

I am defending nothing. I am simply asking Marc if he holds all politicians to the same standard, or is he offended only by those with whom he disagrees?

Is there a reason they would or should? I'm failing to understand your point here other than you just purposely trying to antagonize people like a 12 year old child. Am I wrong?

Just out of curiosity, Marc, were you just as outraged when you heard about this: Joe Mitchell, Alabama Democrat, Sends Email Blasting Constituent's 'Slave-Holding, Murdering' Kin:

Inquiring minds...

Wow Marc has not responded to your question why am I not shocked?

Why would you expect a partisan lemming to be outraged about ANY Democrat's behaviour?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzEUHF1KPY8]Crossing Mexico's Other Border - YouTube[/ame]

46 seconds in
Generally used as an ethnic slur,[2] the term was originally coined and applied only to Mexicans who entered Texas by crossing the Rio Grande river, which is located at the Mexican border,[3] presumably by swimming or wading across and getting wet in the process.

Wetback (slur) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It didn't become a 'bad word' until some time after
Operation Wetback - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have you been around Mexicans, Chicanos, Latinos, Wetbacks, or Paisas, Harry?

The term is becoming popular again among some ethnic (Mexican) gangs
WetBack Power.18st Video by x8.flaco.x8 - Myspace Video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVRXNpRDRG0]18ST WBP Ls - YouTube[/ame]

GOP Congressman Don Young Walks Back 'Wetbacks' Comment Following Backlash: 'I Meant No Disrespect' - YouTube

This is absolutely reprehensible.

Not only was his non-apology fake apology insincere it was an outright lie.

How ELSE is the term "wetback" used from when you were a boy in California?

Republicans just cant let go of that damn shovel...can they?

*SMH*

I wonder how many GOPers will come to his defense?

I see that one or two has already publicly condemned the statements.

What say you USMB RWers?

Weigh in.
there is no "good way" for the repub to explain this away :eusa_silenced:

"Wetbackgate"? You lefties need a lesson in history. Democrats sinckered at democrat KKK member Bobby Byrd who used the "N" word in general speech. You almost gotta laugh at the left wing radicals who tolerate all sorts of cultures except Christians and worry about an estimated 10 million illegal aliens being offended by the word "wetback" after the Attorney General authorized 3,000 illegal weapons to be shipped to Mexican drug cartels which resulted in an estimated 500 (potential wetbacks) being murdered by guns supplied by the Obama administration.

Crossing Mexico's Other Border - YouTube

46 seconds in
Generally used as an ethnic slur,[2] the term was originally coined and applied only to Mexicans who entered Texas by crossing the Rio Grande river, which is located at the Mexican border,[3] presumably by swimming or wading across and getting wet in the process.

Wetback (slur) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It didn't become a 'bad word' until some time after
Operation Wetback - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have you been around Mexicans, Chicanos, Latinos, Wetbacks, or Paisas, Harry?

The term is becoming popular again among some ethnic (Mexican) gangs
WetBack Power.18st Video by x8.flaco.x8 - Myspace Video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVRXNpRDRG0]18ST WBP Ls - YouTube[/ame]

i live in the midst of Illegals from every part of Mexico and beyond......and even finding out were they are from i have never heard one refer to himself as a wetback.....i have seen them call their buddies wetbacks jokenly...but i have never heard one refer to themselves as one......since this was brought up the other day i asked the guy who lives next to me if that term is used among them .....he said if you have never crossed a river to get here....you aint no wetback...he said he only knows one guy who fits that word....he said most of his brethren drove across in a Car coming to visit someone and just never left .....like he did 17 years ago....well thats what i know....

Just another oile of Libtard male bovine excrement! The Hispanics I know routinely use the term mojado for illegals. They also use pollos for those didn't cross the Rio Grande.

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back