Republicans are making it hard for dems to lose in 2018/2020

Roy Moore is a gift that is going to keep on giving. Unpopular tax plan. Trump increasingly irrational with horrible poll numbers (yes, yes, polls are fake, blah blah blah ...), no progress on healthcare aside from planning to rip the carpet out from under people, especially the seniors who voted for them ...their only saving grace is the economy, and that's likely to take a dip pretty soon here, unfortunately. If not a full-blown swan dive.

ALL democrats have to do is find someone halfway decent-looking and likable, with a good public speaking voice and ideas that will benefit the vast majority of Americans outside of the 1%.

But then again, this is the democratic party we're talking about here. If anyone can find a way to lose against all odds, it's them.
Yep, it's called Hubris.

They haven't learned a damned thing since Bush II. And as your OP brings out, they've actually gotten worse, way worse.

There's no such thing as winning a poll. A poll isn't a contest. It's a measuring stick.

It is a stick alright...a stick to beat the opposition with. Democrats have won so many polls...and lost so many elections. I'll take that divy up.

You're right. It's been one long continuous uninterrupted scream that started the night they found out Hillary lost.

If I could just figure out a way to get that scream in a bottle, I'd make a fortune selling it for repelling rodents, mice, and squirrels.
Sounds like a perfect product for ridding our White House of the vermin in trump's administration and staff...

I'm sure voters next November are going to be discussing Roy Moore rather than the economy and policies that affect their lives. That's going to be a winning strategy

Republicans: look how much the economy is growing!

Dems: Roy Moore!

You can do both, you know. Remind everyone that Roy Moore exists AND talk about policy. Of course, given that it's the democratic party, they'll probably fail completely on the second part.

Wouldn't it be better, given your thesis, if you campaigned very very hard for Roy Moore?

I'm not sure I'm hearing you right. Who are you talking about? Me in particular?

If I were a democrat, I'd love it if Moore won. I'd rather have Moore win than Jones. 1 vote is worth the swift kick in the balls that Moore presents to the republican party.

But I'm not sure I understand your question, so if you'd like to clarify, go ahead.

Thats ok. It was already a pretty clear and simple question.

Depends on the economy. The economy stays up? Trump/the Rs might stand a good chance. It slips? They're fucked, even if the dems pull their usual bullshit cheap tricks.

Thats the typical democrat delusion. That being the case though expect them to try everything from government shutdowns to tax hikes in order to slow down the economy.
I remember well Al Gore screaming about how miserable Americans were due to the economy...with a huge goofy grin on hi face.
Thats not-president Al Gore.

??/

The only thing the democrats can do is threaten to shut down the government. Tax hikes? What the hell are you talking about?

Which one dont you understand?

I'm sure voters next November are going to be discussing Roy Moore rather than the economy and policies that affect their lives. That's going to be a winning strategy

Republicans: look how much the economy is growing!

Dems: Roy Moore!

You can do both, you know. Remind everyone that Roy Moore exists AND talk about policy. Of course, given that it's the democratic party, they'll probably fail completely on the second part.

Wouldn't it be better, given your thesis, if you campaigned very very hard for Roy Moore?

I'm not sure I'm hearing you right. Who are you talking about? Me in particular?

If I were a democrat, I'd love it if Moore won. I'd rather have Moore win than Jones. 1 vote is worth the swift kick in the balls that Moore presents to the republican party.

But I'm not sure I understand your question, so if you'd like to clarify, go ahead.

Thats ok. It was already a pretty clear and simple question.

It really wasn't phrased clearly at all. But okay ...

You're forgetting the anti-Trump animus that's spread and the fact that many young people sat out the previous elections because they didn't like Hillary.
I think everything about the way trump carries himself and behaves is a huge turnoff to most rational people.

He has a relatively small core of sickophantic supporters who will believe any lie he tells them.

But, imo, thinking people hate the Orange DipShit and they will be highly motivated to throw his lazy, divisive ass out of the White House come 2020.

Forum List

Back