Republicans rebuke Sessions over latest marijuana crackdown

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
My God, does anyone think Sessions did the right thing?
He's the one who said the only problem with the KKK is that they smoke pot.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced earlier this week that the Department of Justice will take a more hands-on approach with states that have legalized marijuana. It's a reversal from the policy under the Obama administration and it contradicts what Trump has previously said, which is that weed legalization is an issue that should be left up to the states, not the federal government. Axios' Alayna Treene breaks down what you need to know about Sessions' latest marijuana crackdown:

I was listening to a recent interview with Roger Stone, and he said that he thought the decision was more Pence's influence than Trump's. I don't doubt it. I'm pretty sure Trump could care less about pot one way or the other.

Sessions is as much a victim of Congressional Republicans’ inaction on Federal marijuana laws as were Obama’s AGs.

Obama’s AGs addressed the inaction correctly, Sessions has not.

It sort of has escaped everyone that there was no marijuana crackdown.

Nor should there be. This is a state to state issue and should have never been in the Federal Government hands.

GOP need to end this issue and if not then the Dempcrats better when they are in power!

Liberal and beltway minds do not comprehend the oath of office, or rather they choose to disavow laws that fail to support their agenda. Simply put, when one is sworn in, they pledge to protect the constitution and laws of the land.
All congress has to do is amend the existing drug law. To ignore federal law demeans the basis of our legal system, government, and fundamental rights afforded by the constitution.

I was listening to a recent interview with Roger Stone, and he said that he thought the decision was more Pence's influence than Trump's. I don't doubt it. I'm pretty sure Trump could care less about pot one way or the other.
then if he is as great of a leader as he says he is,then he should speak up and tell us his views on it....

Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced earlier this week that the Department of Justice will take a more hands-on approach with states that have legalized marijuana. It's a reversal from the policy under the Obama administration and it contradicts what Trump has previously said, which is that weed legalization is an issue that should be left up to the states, not the federal government. Axios' Alayna Treene breaks down what you need to know about Sessions' latest marijuana crackdown:

Trump's hands are tied by the Controlled Substances Act of 1971 that lists pot as a Schedule 1 drug, that has no medical use, and is illegal even with a prescription

Congress can end the issue by removing Pot from Schedule I and sending the bill to Trump for signature.

Last edited:

What Sessions did would need to be done in order to reconcile federal law with what the states are doing, it's time to decriminalize marijuana possession...I think everyone, even Sessions knows this. Time to take the fight to the federal level, and it won't be a hard fight in all likelihood.

It may have been Pence's idea. That is why we don't want the Donald gone until 2021. Pence and Session's together would screw up a lot of things. BTW Roger Stone is an advocate for legalization.

Forum List

Back