Republicans rebuke Sessions over latest marijuana crackdown

My God, does anyone think Sessions did the right thing?
He's the one who said the only problem with the KKK is that they smoke pot.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced earlier this week that the Department of Justice will take a more hands-on approach with states that have legalized marijuana. It's a reversal from the policy under the Obama administration and it contradicts what Trump has previously said, which is that weed legalization is an issue that should be left up to the states, not the federal government. Axios' Alayna Treene breaks down what you need to know about Sessions' latest marijuana crackdown:

Trump's hands are tied by the Controlled Substances Act of 1971 that lists pot as a Schedule 1 drug, that has no medical use, and is illegal even with a prescription

Congress can end the issue by removing Pot from Schedule I and sending the bill to Trump for signature.

Which congress needs to do expeditiously.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced earlier this week that the Department of Justice will take a more hands-on approach with states that have legalized marijuana. It's a reversal from the policy under the Obama administration and it contradicts what Trump has previously said, which is that weed legalization is an issue that should be left up to the states, not the federal government. Axios' Alayna Treene breaks down what you need to know about Sessions' latest marijuana crackdown:

Trump's hands are tied by the Controlled Substances Act of 1971 that lists pot as a Schedule 1 drug, that has no medical use, and is illegal even with a prescription

Congress can end the issue by removing Pot from Schedule I and sending the bill to Trump for signature.

Weed legalization isn't an important issue. But I agree it should be done.

Could be since 64% of the population is for legalization. It did factor in when I voted. Plus the industry employs over 150,000 and brings in an estimated $6 billion a year now.

Could be since 64% of the population is for legalization. It did factor in when I voted.
Weed legalization has never topped the polls in what the majority considers important.

Could be since 64% of the population is for legalization. It did factor in when I voted.
Weed legalization has never topped the polls in what the majority considers important.

Whether anyone likes it or not it is now part of the economy and will gain steam.

Whether anyone likes it or not it is now part of the economy and will gain steam.
I'm for legalization, I just don't care about the issue much.

I understand how you feel, but do you care about jobs economy? You have to lump them all in together.

I understand how you feel, but do you care about jobs economy? You have to lump them all in together.
Why do I HAVE to lump them all in together?

And this forces the issue.

Sessions actually made the right move here. We can't have the country believing presidential edicts are set in stone.

Sessions actually made the right move here. We can't have the country believing presidential edicts are set in stone.

I'm actually surprised he took as long as he did to do it. Next up is congress.

Why do I HAVE to lump them all in together?

No, do whatever you want.

Like I said...

Republicans want nothing more than to tell others what to do and control their lives.

I'm actually surprised he took as long as he did to do it. Next up is congress.
As long as the law is not enforced the need and drive to change the law will not be sufficient to make the needed changes.

Enforcing the pot laws is the only way to change them, ironically.

Forum List

Back