The Houthis just blew up the Greek-flagged oil tanker Sounion in the Red Sea, spilling 150,000 barrels of oil—4 times worse than the Exxon Valdez

"Immigration"? OK, I'm with you on that point. But the bottom line with the Houthis (and muslims in general) is irrelevant to the "immigration" problem in the US and Europe but the fact is that the "immigration" of Zionists in Palestinian is the relevant subject. The Houthis (as it turns out) are actually the good guys.

They sure have hurt Yemen.

The Houthis just blew up the Greek-flagged oil tanker Sounion in the Red Sea, spilling 150,000 barrels of oil—4 times worse than the Exxon Valdez​

I think the Valdez spilled more.

How much oil was spilled?
Approximately 11 million gallons or 257,000 barrels or 35,000 metric tonnes (38,800 short tons). Picture the swimming pool at your school or in your community. The amount of spilled oil is roughly equivalent to 17 olympic-sized swimming pools.

Damn, that's a bad oil spill. The beaches will be a mess for decades.

The Houthis are instruments of Iran’s foreign policy

Never mind who you blame for mistakes of US foreign policy since the end of the Soviet Union

Thats water under the bridge now

We have to decide how to deal with russia, iran, and their creature the crazy Houthis’

The Houthis are instruments of Iran’s foreign policy

Never mind who you blame for mistakes of US foreign policy since the end of the Soviet Union

Thats water under the bridge now

We have to decide how to deal with russia, iran, and their creature the crazy Houthis’

The Houthis have been around for a thousand years. They were monarchs.

They serve iran foreign policy now

Their weapons are supplied by iran

Its more complicated than that.

A Zaydi imamate ruled Yemen for 1,000 years, before being overthrown in 1962. Since then, the Zaydis – stripped of their political power – have struggled to restore their authority and influence in Yemen. In the 1980s, the Houthi clan began a movement to revive Zaydi traditions, feeling threatened by state-funded Salafist preachers who established a base in Houthi areas. Not all Zaydis, however, align with the Houthi movement.

They serve iran foreign policy now

Their weapons are supplied by iran
It's an in-law problem----ya see...... ALI was a son-in-law of muhummad via his all time fave
daughter FARTIMAH. He was supposed to inherit DA THRONE ----but----well----it went off the rails ----never recovered. Iran remains ON THE SIDE OF ALI ---the other branch of the family took over most of the family stuff and don't even speak farsi ----Yemen is a real
mess-----socially its big problem is that family rift over ALI never went away----DR. PHIL???

Last edited:
surada
It's an in-law problem----ya see...... ALI was a son-in-law of muhummad via his all time fave
daughter FARTIMAH. He was supposed to inherit DA THRONE ----but----well----it went off the rails ----never recovered. Iran remains ON THE SIDE OF ALI ---the other branch of the family took over most of the family stuff and don't even speak arabic
its very difficult to get a handle on the Houthis

But as far as I can make sense of the issue, the practice a form of Shia islam very close to what iran practices

Which I think means they are happy to die for allah

The are a suicide movement willing to die for their religious beliefs

Its more complicated than that.

A Zaydi imamate ruled Yemen for 1,000 years, before being overthrown in 1962. Since then, the Zaydis – stripped of their political power – have struggled to restore their authority and influence in Yemen. In the 1980s, the Houthi clan began a movement to revive Zaydi traditions, feeling threatened by state-funded Salafist preachers who established a base in Houthi areas. Not all Zaydis, however, align with the Houthi movement.
See post 50

surada

its very difficult to get a handle on the Houthis

But as far as I can make sense of the issue, the practice a form of Shia islam very close to what iran practices

Which I think means they are happy to die for allah

The are a suicide movement willing to die for their religious beliefs

It's very different from Shia Islam in Iran.

Forum List

Back