Republicans: Remove "food stamps" from Farm Bill, but add "dog fighting"?

I think we'd faint if rdean EVER posted anything BAD about a Democrat...

the world might just end...must be why he doesn't, he's saving the WORLD...lol

When you guys post something good about Obama, I might consider posting something bad about Democrats beyond the traitorous Blue Dogs. I have complained about them.

Obama-eats-dog.jpg

It wasn't the clown. It was they played with his lips. Clearly a nod to the racist whites who often target black lips for some reason.

Wow.

Someone overdosed on crazy pills this morning

What the fuck are you talking about, they played with the dogs lips?

he did twice Steph....one time he said he did not like the Tie Obama was wearing and the other time being the True Far Lefty he is.....he said he doesnt like Blue Dogs.....might as well be Republicans......gee doesn't that sound like his good buddies on the Far Right and how they look at RINOS?.....

I missed those two time's evidently...

Kathleen Parker: Steve King's inhumane farm bill measure - The Washington Post

-----------------------------------------------------------
Remember, Kathleen Parker is a Republican conservative who literally hates Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------

House Republicans severed a food stamp provision that customarily has been attached to the measure.

What may have escaped much notice, however, is an amendment by Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) that would preempt state and local laws governing food production and other animal-related industries, including puppy mills, confinement of farm animals, animal fighting, shark finning and the sale of meat from horses, dogs and cats.

King said in his defense of dogfighting, there’s something wrong when we outlaw dogfights but allow people to fight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Is his goal to replace this:

Food_for_Hungry_People_Button.jpg

With this?

Steve King is a popular spokesman for the GOP. It was bad enough that Mitt Romney tortured his dog (confining it to on top of the car for a trip lasting hours and then blasting it with cold water after it pooped in fear) until it ran away (according to his son), but I think this goes a little farther, don't you?

Try reading the actual bill.

well Kathleen Parker has become another paid shill for the DNC using that oh so UNBIASED WashingtonCompost as her venue..

how lovely

When you guys post something good about Obama, I might consider posting something bad about Democrats beyond the traitorous Blue Dogs. I have complained about them.

your cousins on the Far Right will never post anything positive about Obama.... but there have been non Far Righties who have......and i dont believe you would ever say something "bad" about Democrats.....something real mild maybe, but nothing that would give someone the impression that you are truly pissed at them....it wont happen .....

poor rdean, He whines when you post anything good about MY DEAR LEADER...

man how pathetic and cultish

The Romans learned first hand that the worst thing a government can do to its people is try to feed them. Not that I'd expect you to understand.

pre-industrial communities all over the world feed their people and some countries still do it today, since you can't rely on religious organizations to do it.

King, perhaps, represents a certain contingent that holds to a biblical view that animals don’t deserve the same consideration as humans. As King said in his defense of dogfighting, there’s something wrong when we outlaw dogfights but allow people to fight. The obvious difference is that people who step into the ring have a choice in the matter — and state-sanctioned torture of animals would seem to undermine the notion that humans are of greater value to the Divine.

wow! we can have gladiatorial fights to the death if his bill passes.

The Romans learned first hand that the worst thing a government can do to its people is try to feed them. Not that I'd expect you to understand.

pre-industrial communities all over the world feed their people and some countries still do it today, since you can't rely on religious organizations to do it.

But you can rely on all charitable organizations (religious or otherwise), voluntary community-based programs and neighbors helping each other out, as was the case for more than the first half of our country's existence...until the central planners claimed to know better. Getting citizens accustomed to being provided the most basic of necessities by forcibly taking from others is the worst thing a government can do to its people. It completely removes the impetus to thrive and creates dependency of the worst sort. Voluntary help never comes with that kind of assurance, which forces people to work for their livelihood...which is the best thing anyone can do for themselves.

Steve King, a Republican, wants the federal government to pre-empt state laws.

Think real hard about that. Perhaps some of you will finally begin to comprehend why I say conservatism has been hijacked by hypocrites, idiots, liars, and maniacs.

Last edited:

What the Romans found was pillaging other countrys with a massive army is unsustainable. Not that I would expect you to understand.

The Romans didn't only feed the people, but entertained them too. Bread and circuses, while the leadership partied on with ever more lavish entertainments.

Sort of like obama.

But you can rely on all charitable organizations (religious or otherwise), voluntary community-based programs and neighbors helping each other out, as was the case for more than the first half of our country's existence...until the central planners claimed to know better. Getting citizens accustomed to being provided the most basic of necessities by forcibly taking from others is the worst thing a government can do to its people. It completely removes the impetus to thrive and creates dependency of the worst sort. Voluntary help never comes with that kind of assurance, which forces people to work for their livelihood...which is the best thing anyone can do for themselves.

Forcing people into government dependency is a major part of destroying the country. To liberals, the enemy is pride. Pride I one's accomplishments and self reliance has to be destroyed.

USDA Combats ?Mountain Pride,? Self-Reliance to Boost Food Stamp Rolls | American Renaissance

One in seven Americans are on food stamps, but the government is pushing to enroll more—in many instances working to overcome Americans’ “pride,” self-reliance or failure to see a need.

“Our common goal is to increase participation in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program,” the United States Department of Agriculture explains on its “Outreach Toolkits” page. “Our purpose is to ensure that those going through difficult times can feed their families healthy, nutritious food. By working as a team, we can accomplish these goals.”

The USDA has adopted a range of strategies and programs designed to bring more people to SNAP, including taking on “pride.” A 2011 Hunger Champions Award document reveals that local assistance offices have been rewarded for “counteracting” pride and pushing more people to sign up for benefits.

It isn't only feeding the people, it's getting them used to seeing the government as the only source of food.

I guess King wanting the federal government to pre-empt state laws was just too hard for some people to think about. You have to have at least three brain cells for it to cause even a little cognitive dissonance.

King is clearly not a states rights kind of guy.

No it wasn't.

The military was generally tasked with helping people in trouble. They built roads, bridges, forts and even gave out goods when necessary.

But even with that, this country was a pretty miserable place to live in, up until the 1950s if you didn't have money.

Steve King's sixth biggest campaign donor is Cargill, a big receiver of federal subsidies in the Farm Bill which is the subject of this thread.

What was all that whining you idiots were making about government dependents again?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back