Republicans; What is your jobs plan?

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America

I'd make it look like this since we're not a 18-19th century pure capitalist nation.

-Lower the corporate tax; 25-28%.
-I'd simplify the tax code.
-I'd look into the red tape to make it easier to start a business. No we don't want to harm the environment and in fact I'd make sure we don't. ;)
-I'd encourage choices in education... ;)
-Add tort reform into the healthcare plan
-Demand a open discussion on the strengths and weaknesses of the law.
-Internships and workmans schools that allow for hands on construction, mechanic, plumbing, electrical, etc.

On the other side of it I'd refund our science programs and make sure our nation doesn't have to worry about the strength of that hurricane. ;)

I'd put limits on welfare and unemployment. How about 28 weeks for unemployment????? Sound fair?

This is what Boehner should come out with.

I'd make it look like this since we're not a 18-19th century pure capitalist nation.

-I'd look into the red tape to make it easier to start a business. No we don't want to harm the environment and in fact I'd make sure we don't. ;)
-Internships and workmans schools that allow for hands on construction, mechanic, plumbing, electrical, etc.

On the other side of it I'd refund our science programs and make sure our nation doesn't have to worry about the strength of that hurricane. ;)

I'd put limits on welfare and unemployment. How about 28 weeks for unemployment????? Sound fair?

I agree with a lot of this, but Corporate America needs to stop raping this Country by continuing to ship jobs (particularly manufacturing jobs) overseas. American based Corporations should be financially encouraged to bring jobs back by getting a tax break. If more than half of your employees are overseas, you get a tax penalty.

Second, corporations should get severely penalized for parking money overseas in order to avoid paying U.S. Tax.

Third, end Obamacare. Nobody in industry likes it except the healthcare corporations and lobbyists who wrote it. It is hurting job growth and creating uncertainty. Business hates uncertainty. Kill it and start over.

You're a progressive, your way does not work, stop pretending to be conservative or fiscally responsible. We spend shit loads on science, art, education and blah blah blah... claiming we don't makes you sound ignorant or dishonest. We have more people in college than ever before.

Stop thinking you can predict the needs of the nations future in regards to employment and overall economics. How about 0 days of welfare, backing the clock up to 28 weeks on UE only starts the process over, we will get back to 2 years of UE.

It's simply annoying talking to people that want more of the very same failed ideas that got us in this mess. "Investing" is not the answer because the Government needs no return on that "investment." Meaning *deficits* are going to be an issue.

How can you simply the tax code then offer an extraordinary amount of welfare "investments" that will no doubt be tax write offs.

Just stop, it hurts seeing how middle of the road you want to come across when again all you want to do is start the clock over again but fix nothing.

Last edited:

I realize it sounds like a great idea to limit unemployment to a much lower amount of time, but there is a bit of a problem. Everyone who suggests this thinks that these unemployed people are magically going to find employment all of a sudden because their unemployment ran out. That works to a certain degree in a strong economy, but we don't have a super strong economy right now. What do you suggest happens to these people once their unemployment runs out and they still can't find work?

I realize it sounds like a great idea to limit unemployment to a much lower amount of time, but there is a bit of a problem. Everyone who suggests this thinks that these unemployed people are magically going to find employment all of a sudden because their unemployment ran out. That works to a certain degree in a strong economy, but we don't have a super strong economy right now. What do you suggest happens to these people once their unemployment runs out and they still can't find work?

I suggest a work program of some kind to help them into jobs.

I agree with a lot of this, but Corporate America needs to stop raping this Country by continuing to ship jobs (particularly manufacturing jobs) overseas. American based Corporations should be financially encouraged to bring jobs back by getting a tax break. If more than half of your employees are overseas, you get a tax penalty.

Second, corporations should get severely penalized for parking money overseas in order to avoid paying U.S. Tax.

Third, end Obamacare. Nobody in industry likes it except the healthcare corporations and lobbyists who wrote it. It is hurting job growth and creating uncertainty. Business hates uncertainty. Kill it and start over.

The biggest problem with the ACA is that Republicans don't even want to discuss what is wrong with it. If they did, they might find that there are some simple solutions that would make it much more inviting for business and everyone involved as far as that goes. The principle behind the ACA is good. If it weren't, Romney would never have supported it in Massachusetts.

The biggest problem with the ACA is that Republicans don't even want to discuss what is wrong with it. If they did, they might find that there are some simple solutions that would make it much more inviting for business and everyone involved as far as that goes. The principle behind the ACA is good. If it weren't, Romney would never have supported it in Massachusetts.

The republicans should be working to fix it. You're so right...

Forum List

Back