Research Phase: Arguments on Transgenderism

Wake

Easygoing Conservative
Jun 11, 2013
Good afternoon everyone!!

I'm working on a new thread in my series about everything transgenderism and Gender Identity Disorder. HOWEVER, I'm just a simple schmuck, and I really want to share this step with anyone interested. I've got my own opinions on it, but I want to share by giving you guys the opportunity to be a part of the OP-making process. Why? Because your own thoughts and beliefs are so damned important to me... you know a lot more about this, so I want to incorporate your voices in segments as well.

I want to create a better thread than The Aftermath of the Trial, and it'd be an honor to include your own views into it as well.

One argument is that transgenderism is a harmful thing, because it reinforces the delusion of being something one is not. If you're a man and your gender identity disorder makes you believe you're a woman, the last thing one should do is add even more weight to the delusion. Instead, help the confused msn by reinforcing the fact that he's a man, while helping him grasp the reality of his life.

As for the surgery itself I'm strongly against it because it's nothing short of mutilation in order to affirm a fantasy. A penis cut up snd rearranged into as something that looks like a vagina... isn't natural. Although many good things in life aren't natural, what's unacceptable is declaring that a mutilated genitalia is natural.

Well, it is much more complicated than just simply label a "disorder" .

There are a lot of inborn problems involved and if you do not have medical background it might be difficult to understand.

But I won't claim that people who do not identify with their body are just simply delusional.

From the wording above it is clear that you do not understand the complexity of the issue.
Sexual identity it is not only your penis hanging or your boobs poking. It is even more complicated than the 46th pair of chromosomes.

Don't go there.

Forum List

Back