🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Richard Dawkins and The Ignorance of The New Atheism

Again why would an awesome universe wide creator, the all knowing, most powerful being in existence be so concerned about needing to be worshipped by small clump of cells beings on a small mudball in a massive universe?
I missed this the first time. Hat tip to TNHarley for alerting me to it.

Worship is not for God, it's for us. It's your understanding of what worship means that is flawed. It's not your fault though. The original meaning of what worship means has been lost through time.

Ha ha, not correct and this according to Merriam-Webster:

1: to honor or show reverence for as a divine being or supernatural power

and,

1: reverence offered a divine being or supernatural power also : an act of expressing such reverence
2: a form of religious practice with its creed and ritual

===

What does the BIBLE say about Worship?

Worship In Church

Psalm 150:1-6 ESV /
Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens! Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness! Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals! ...

John 4:23 ESV /
But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.

Psalm 33:1-4 ESV /
Shout for joy in the Lord, O you righteous! Praise befits the upright. Give thanks to the Lord with the lyre; make melody to him with the harp of ten strings! Sing to him a new song; play skillfully on the strings, with loud shouts. For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness.

Romans 12:1 ESV /
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

On and on it goes.

===

Christians Bible Studies

What is true worship?

" We worship God because he is God. Period. Our extravagant love and extreme submission to the Holy One flows out of the reality that God loved us first. It is highly appropriate to thank God for all the things he has done for us. However, true worship is shallow if it is solely an acknowledgement of God's wealth. Psalm 96:5-6 says, "For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the LORD made the heavens. Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and glory are in his sanctuary." In other words, our worship must be toward the one who is worthy simply because of his identity as the Omnipotent, Omniscient, and Omnipresent One, and not just because God is wealthy and able to meet our needs and answer our prayers. We must focus our practice of worship on the worthiness of God and not his wealthiness.

======

I find it amusing that as an Atheist, having to teach a Christian on what Worship is.
Don't care. The meaning has been lost through time. When properly understood and practiced, the worshiper reaps the rewards. Of which are amazing and bountiful.

I gave you several ways to show what Worship is about INCLUDING the BIBLE , which you apparently don't agree with :auiqs.jpg: , that is classic irrational thinking on your part.

You are now embarrassing yourself here.
Nice chatting with you.

Cheers.

Again why would an awesome universe wide creator, the all knowing, most powerful being in existence be so concerned about needing to be worshipped by small clump of cells beings on a small mudball in a massive universe?
I missed this the first time. Hat tip to TNHarley for alerting me to it.

Worship is not for God, it's for us. It's your understanding of what worship means that is flawed. It's not your fault though. The original meaning of what worship means has been lost through time.

Ha ha, not correct and this according to Merriam-Webster:

1: to honor or show reverence for as a divine being or supernatural power

and,

1: reverence offered a divine being or supernatural power also : an act of expressing such reverence
2: a form of religious practice with its creed and ritual

===

What does the BIBLE say about Worship?

Worship In Church

Psalm 150:1-6 ESV /
Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens! Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness! Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals! ...

John 4:23 ESV /
But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.

Psalm 33:1-4 ESV /
Shout for joy in the Lord, O you righteous! Praise befits the upright. Give thanks to the Lord with the lyre; make melody to him with the harp of ten strings! Sing to him a new song; play skillfully on the strings, with loud shouts. For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness.

Romans 12:1 ESV /
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

On and on it goes.

===

Christians Bible Studies

What is true worship?

" We worship God because he is God. Period. Our extravagant love and extreme submission to the Holy One flows out of the reality that God loved us first. It is highly appropriate to thank God for all the things he has done for us. However, true worship is shallow if it is solely an acknowledgement of God's wealth. Psalm 96:5-6 says, "For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the LORD made the heavens. Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and glory are in his sanctuary." In other words, our worship must be toward the one who is worthy simply because of his identity as the Omnipotent, Omniscient, and Omnipresent One, and not just because God is wealthy and able to meet our needs and answer our prayers. We must focus our practice of worship on the worthiness of God and not his wealthiness.

======

I find it amusing that as an Atheist, having to teach a Christian on what Worship is.
Ding has a dictionary of his own making that you're supposed to have memorized

To give you a head start:

Militancy = discussing religion on a message board

If they really believe God exist and truly love him, they would completely ignore Atheists who doesn't try to stop them from worshipping god, but they can't help it when they start threads attacking and insulting Atheists, which is really a sign that they have doubts about God, then when put on the spot by smart Atheists they fall apart into gibberish like what Chem Engineer posted in reply to obvious Bible errors.

Existence of Atheists bothers them so much...., it is why they can't stop thinking about them, we personify their doubts.

If they really believe God exist and truly love him, they would completely ignore Atheists who doesn't try to stop them from worshipping god, but they can't help it when they start threads attacking and insulting Atheists, which is really a sign that they have doubts about God, then when put on the spot by smart Atheists they fall apart into gibberish like what Chem Engineer posted in reply to obvious Bible errors.

Existence of Atheists bothers them so much...., it is why they can't stop thinking about them, we personify their doubts.
Cool story, bro.

Cool story, bro.

Thank you!

:udaman:

If they really believe God exist and truly love him, they would completely ignore Atheists who doesn't try to stop them from worshipping god, but they can't help it when they start threads attacking and insulting Atheists, which is really a sign that they have doubts about God, then when put on the spot by smart Atheists they fall apart
Both sides can fail to understand that no two people of faith are alike and no two atheists are alike. For example, I don't really care if atheists ever believe. Atheists I cared about lived their entire lives without ever believing. A major problem I identify from some atheists is that they fail to understand what they may have wanted or expected from religion/faith is far from my own expectations. What they take from the Bible is vastly different from what I take. It is not that the person of faith and the atheist see the same thing and arrive at different conclusions, the two simply do not see the same thing. The best we can do for one another is to understand more fully why there is a belief or why there is no belief. Atheists need to understand it is not about superstition, or a make believe friend. Don't go there. People of faith should know most atheists are great-hearted people. Sometimes I think of it as them choosing free fall while I chose using a connection. Who are the truly daring?

So no lady, you can not look out for yourself. Because of bias and the good old boys club. Diversity programs are designed to fight that bias.
Not my experience. When I was in that situation, horrors of all horrors, when I brought the matter to their attention, white men agreed with my point and put things right. You can say I was lucky, you can say it was my abilities, but I never needed government help, and the men and women I worked with (and for) needed the government to do any fighting for me. Not only that, there has never been anyone to fight against. Most people have a natural inclination towards fairness. Perhaps you don't and believe no one else does either? How much government help have you personally needed throughout your life that you believe everyone else needs it, too?

By the way, because genealogy is a hobby, I no for a fact no female ancestor of mine ever stood for any man patronizing or disrespecting her. In my very humble lineage, women owned small businesses as a sideline for other accomplishments. They were executors (when history books in error tell us, women couldn't be executors). They sailed across the ocean on their own, traveled the wilderness on their own (when history books tell us that women couldn't travel on their own that she had to go where her husband was. Tell that to one of my female ancestors who told her husband he could stay in the colonies if he wanted, but she was sailing back to England. On her own.

Again, how much have you had to depend on the government or someone else to stand up for you? Don't you ever find that having to always find someone else to fight your shadow battles for you belittling? Don't tell this lady she can't fight. She has--and so have ladies before her. Don't be so patronizing.
Such hogwash. Just look at my mom's high school yearbook from the 50's and 60's. Look at what every woman wanted to be when she grew up. Housekeeper, maid, teacher, nanny, housewife. Not too long ago you weren't even considered to be the VP of the HR department. You still wouldn't if it weren't for diversity programs and AA.

Today you can be the VP of the HR department or maybe accounting but never sales or Engineering. This means most likely you will never be the CEO's.

You are still being treated like a second class citizen. Republican women never seem to mind. They know their place.

So no lady, you can not look out for yourself. Because of bias and the good old boys club. Diversity programs are designed to fight that bias.
Not my experience. When I was in that situation, horrors of all horrors, when I brought the matter to their attention, white men agreed with my point and put things right. You can say I was lucky, you can say it was my abilities, but I never needed government help, and the men and women I worked with (and for) needed the government to do any fighting for me. Not only that, there has never been anyone to fight against. Most people have a natural inclination towards fairness. Perhaps you don't and believe no one else does either? How much government help have you personally needed throughout your life that you believe everyone else needs it, too?

By the way, because genealogy is a hobby, I no for a fact no female ancestor of mine ever stood for any man patronizing or disrespecting her. In my very humble lineage, women owned small businesses as a sideline for other accomplishments. They were executors (when history books in error tell us, women couldn't be executors). They sailed across the ocean on their own, traveled the wilderness on their own (when history books tell us that women couldn't travel on their own that she had to go where her husband was. Tell that to one of my female ancestors who told her husband he could stay in the colonies if he wanted, but she was sailing back to England. On her own.

Again, how much have you had to depend on the government or someone else to stand up for you? Don't you ever find that having to always find someone else to fight your shadow battles for you belittling? Don't tell this lady she can't fight. She has--and so have ladies before her. Don't be so patronizing.

Let's forget about your personal antidotes which are utter bullshit. Let's go with facts.

Since the second half of the 20th century, women’s labor force participation has grown significantly. Women are working longer hours and pursuing higher education in greater numbers. However, despite this progress, significant wage gaps between men and women persist—particularly for women of color. So what exactly is the gender wage gap? What drives it? And what does it mean for women and their families? This fact sheet provides answers to these questions and more.

The gender wage gap refers to the difference in earnings between women and men.2Experts have calculated this gap in a multitude of ways, but the varying calculations point to a consensus: Women consistently earn less than men, and the gap is wider for most women of color.

Analyzing the most recent Census Bureau data from 2018, women of all races earned, on average, just 82 cents for every $1 earned by men of all races.

Such hogwash. Just look at my mom's high school yearbook from the 50's and 60's. Look at what every woman wanted to be when she grew up. Housekeeper, maid, teacher, nanny, housewife. Not too long ago you weren't even considered to be the VP of the HR department. You still wouldn't if it weren't for diversity programs and AA.
Want to know what women were doing pre-fifties? I have letters from my great-grandmothers who were busy milking cows (selling the milk and home-churned butter); raising chickens (selling the eggs); growing and canning fruits and vegetables; making candles, making soap. Some were plowing fields, at least one had additional income that came from making brooms. They were butchering chickens, smoking meat, quilting, weaving, sewing clothing for the entire family, and making rag rugs. Water for washing and bathing had to be drawn and hauled. Oh, yes--they were also mothers, housekeepers, nannies, teachers, nurses, etc. These women make those attending Board meetings look like slackers.

Now for the men: They saw how hard their mates were working. Notice when technology came around what the inventors focused on (outside of automobiles :) ) Washing machines, vacuums, ovens...anything to give the women a break. Here is what no one considered: Women with time on their hands look around for something to do. Board rooms are better than nothing, I guess.

LOL

I always find it amusing when Christians can't answer my simple questions about large errors in the bible.

Carry on with the bogus attack on Richard Dawkins if that will make you feel better.
What errors?
Dawkins makes up verses on the fly after 20 years even though his lies have been pointed out to him.
Watch a few debates on YouTube is you have the balls to do so.

Today you can be the VP of the HR department or maybe accounting but never sales or Engineering. This means most likely you will never be the CEO's.
Oh, whooptee-do. I am CEO of my own classroom, not to mention my home. There are women CEOs, but let's not give them any credit. Heaven forbid we give men credit due them at this time in history, either.

Let's forget about your personal antidotes which are utter bullshit. Let's go with facts.

Since the second half of the 20th century, women’s labor force participation has grown significantly. Women are working longer hours and pursuing higher education in greater numbers. However, despite this progress, significant wage gaps between men and women persist—particularly for women of color. So what exactly is the gender wage gap? What drives it? And what does it mean for women and their families? This fact sheet provides answers to these questions and more.

The gender wage gap refers to the difference in earnings between women and men.2Experts have calculated this gap in a multitude of ways, but the varying calculations point to a consensus: Women consistently earn less than men, and the gap is wider for most women of color.

Analyzing the most recent Census Bureau data from 2018, women of all races earned, on average, just 82 cents for every $1 earned by men of all races.
Since around 2008, the inequality in pay has been corrected by firing men.
Good job.
You can’t beat corporate attorneys.

You are still being treated like a second class citizen. Republican women never seem to mind. They know their place.
SHAME on you! Both for thinking I would allow anyone to treat me as second class and for accusing all my family, friends, and colleagues as treating me as second class. I assure you they have not and are not. Shame on you!

LOL

I always find it amusing when Christians can't answer my simple questions about large errors in the bible.

Carry on with the bogus attack on Richard Dawkins if that will make you feel better.
What errors?
Dawkins makes up verses on the fly after 20 years even though his lies have been pointed out to him.
Watch a few debates on YouTube is you have the balls to do so.

Already posted the obvious bible errors twice. Try Post 54

Never supported Richard Dawkins, not going to waste time reading his stuff.

Oh, dear! Well, we are all waiting with baited breath for YOU to solve this problem as you clearly don't think that we, mere women and mere women minorities, are capable of solving this all on our own. Stop being so condescending and patronizing.

Forum List

Back