Rick Perry (R-oops!-TX) says something very sane

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
And he is right on this point, I think:

Over Barbecue in South Carolina Rick Perry Hypes Supreme Court as Defining 2016 Issue - Bloomberg Politics

“Something I want you all to think about is that the next president of the United States, whoever that individual may be, could choose up to three, maybe even four members of the Supreme Court,” he said. “Now this isn't about who's going to be the president of the United States for just the next four years. This could be about individuals who have an impact on you, your children, and even our grandchildren. That's the weight of what this election is really about.”

Not to mention that the next POTUS can either try to uproot or further engrain the ACA into the fabric of America.

But credit where credit is due.

Rick Perry said something very sane.

:thup:

Discuss.

Yep.

We would lose all the jobs Obama has created, all the economic recovery he worked so hard for. Because of Bush, we lost a lot of money from our investments. How much more would we lose under a Repub president?

Just thinking about the mess a R prez would make gives me the willies.

I think President Walker will do a fine job and appoint strong conservatives to the S.C. and the Republican Congress will confirm them all.

Rick Perry said something that has been said about every Presidential election in memory. It is about as unoriginal a statement as it gets.

Rick Perry said something that has been said about every Presidential election in memory. It is about as unoriginal a statement as it gets.

Not necessarily. As of 2017, we will have more judges on the SCOTUS who are over 80 than ever before in our history. So, the chances that the next president will indeed nominate 3, maybe 4 new justices is pretty damned high.

Forum List

Back