Right Wing nut says Obama admin. is an enemy of press freedom....

driveby

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2008
"New York Times reporter James Risen, who is fighting an order that he testify in the trial of Jeffrey Sterling, a former CIA officer accused of leaking information to him, opened the conference earlier by saying the Obama administration is “the greatest enemy of press freedom that we have encountered in at least a generation.” The administration wants to “narrow the field of national security reporting,” Risen said, to “create a path for accepted reporting.” Anyone journalist who exceeds those parameters, Risen said, “will be punished.”

The administration’s aggressive prosecutions have created “a de facto Official Secrets Act,” Risen said, and the media has been “too timid” in responding."

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/244525/risen-obama-administration-is-this-generations-greatest-enemy-of-press-freedom/

People that would do this kind of shit would never sick the IRS on their political opponents or lie to the American people........ :thup:

Damn those nutters like the times, lol. It is pretty funny the times woukd say that since everyone there would love to suck obama off

I find the medias sudden concern about this administration more than a bit comical given they have been more than willing to give him softball treatment for most of his presidency.

can i ask you guys something? Well i was going to anyways. Why do you people feel the need to do what you did in the title with " rightwing nut" when all we have to do is look at the creator of the thread to i know its not even true.

Its not even clever. Its really stupid.

I find the medias sudden concern about this administration more than a bit comical given they have been more than willing to give him softball treatment for most of his presidency.

Just remind the media of the president' swords: "elections have consequences and if you don't like it, you can get to the back of the bus."

can i ask you guys something? Well i was going to anyways. Why do you people feel the need to do what you did in the title with " rightwing nut" when all we have to do is look at the creator of the thread to i know its not even true.

It has to be stupid for liberals to understand, have to include everyone, plus the mocking of libtards is just a bonus

It was and is the left who gives us the majority of the threads with right wing nut in the title so to suddenly so show offense at it being used to mock those who use it so regularly is really pretty stupid to.

For once we have to agree. I read the article, looked up his bio and see nothing that denotes him as being right or left wing. The man won two Pulitzer prizes and one was for reporting on Bush's warrantless wire tapping, those were the days when people cared about things like spying on US citizens without warrant.

Maybe it's the same reason you make the posts you do when all we have to do is look at the author to know it isn't true.

On second thought, I will go with we have a sense of humor instead of just being an idiot.

It was and is the left who gives us the majority of the threads with right wing nut in the title so to suddenly so show offense at it being used to mock those who use it so regularly is really pretty stupid to.

The title attracts the moths to the fire.

Right wing nut? Wrong journalist, dear, you were thinking of James Rosen. Might want to get your facts straight before posting. And Rosen, even then is not a nut.
The article is by Risen. No where on the right within his writings.

"New York Times reporter James Risen, who is fighting an order that he testify in the trial of Jeffrey Sterling, a former CIA officer accused of leaking information to him, opened the conference earlier by saying the Obama administration is “the greatest enemy of press freedom that we have encountered in at least a generation.” The administration wants to “narrow the field of national security reporting,” Risen said, to “create a path for accepted reporting.” Anyone journalist who exceeds those parameters, Risen said, “will be punished.”

The administration’s aggressive prosecutions have created “a de facto Official Secrets Act,” Risen said, and the media has been “too timid” in responding."

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/244525/risen-obama-administration-is-this-generations-greatest-enemy-of-press-freedom/

People that would do this kind of shit would never sick the IRS on their political opponents or lie to the American people........ :thup:

Right wing nut? Wrong journalist, dear, you were thinking of James Rosen. Might want to get your facts straight before posting. And Rosen, even then is not a nut.

your_sarcasm_meter_must_be_broken_shirt-r96f75ee4dfaa4227818d750c0947eaa4_804gs_512.jpg

derp.....

And here is plasmaballs answer

Iulz

Risen: Obama administration is this generation?s ?greatest enemy of press freedom? | Poynter.

Ummm, neither are right wing nuts, but thanks for your sparkling contribution.... :thup:

Well, it was almost as clever as your deflection....... :thup:

Well, it was almost as clever as your deflection....... :thup:

silly loser; even left-wingers say the obama White House is one of the least accessible in history. you losers never fess up your mess-ups

The media kisses his ass and this is how he repays them..... :lol:

For once we have to agree. I read the article, looked up his bio and see nothing that denotes him as being right or left wing. The man won two Pulitzer prizes and one was for reporting on Bush's warrantless wire tapping, those were the days when people cared about things like spying on US citizens without warrant.

Yeah and it was a bitch when the Bush Administration harassed this guy the same way the current clowns are harassing him. Oh wait...........

Forum List

Back