RIP David Crosby, famously of The Byrds and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, dead at 81

Once, around 1988 or so, maybe '89...my friends and I were swimming in a public pool in New Paltz, NY. There was a guy swimming who looked JUST LIKE David Crosby! We were all trying to get close enough to get a real good look. He appeared to be alone. The interesting part about that was that New Paltz is (or was) a VERY hippy college town loaded with head shops and tie-die shops, music and and art stores and galleries....the works. New Paltz is also near Woodstock (the real one) in about an hour away from bethel where the actual "Woodstock" concert was held. For a record Bob Dylan also lived in Woodstock for a while, and at the house known as Big Pink. Dylan also wiped out on a mountain curve in New Paltz on his motorcycle. While recuperating he stayed with a doctor friend who was later my mother's doctor. Additionally, Pete Seeger and even Jewel also lived in the area. So, suffice to say, New Paltz is truly a mecca for artists and musicians. We still wonder if that might have actually been David Crosby we saw that day. He used to play in clubs all over that area with Graham Nash so we think there was a distinct possibility. And the fact that he was alone also could be accounted for by his abrasive personality. But whatever.... the guy was a great songwriter and decent performer, so oh well.

Damn, that was like 33 years ago....! 😲

What I remember is this:

Awesome song! It doesn't get any better. It's a song about sailing. And even bigger things.

Even if he disagreed politically; This song absolves him.

th

*****SAD SMILE*****

:)

Crosby once blocked me on twitter because i referred to myself as a "hedonist". he brought up Trump and the grabbing by the you know what, so i answered that i'm a hedonist too, so he blocked me lol

Another icon gone….

He got almost thirty more years than he should have. That's more than a lot of folks.
i hope i make it to 80. i live a healthy lifestyle. i just drink too much coffee so i can watch NBA at night and stuff like that

Considering heroin addiction, liver transplant, diabetes, a stint in prison, it's amazing the guy lasted that long.

In 1972, and after the 1970 breakup of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, all of the following albums shared the Billboard top 5... Manassas (Stills) Harvest (Young) and Graham Nash David Crosby (Nash and Crosby)

Manassas is an awesome record. Harvest is amazing.
Here is something I really like from Nash and Crosby...

Forum List

Back