RIP Tony Bennett

Tony Bennett has passed away at 96. I saw him perform at the Silicon Valley Charity Ball a number of years ago. He was so wonderful.

Sad. While in here posting, I heard a brief bit of "I left my heart in San Francisco" from a TV in the living room, not even thinking about the significance of it playing at that time of morning. He was great at what he did.

Last edited:
He was an amazing and gifted singer, who managed to successfully reinvent his career and leave a great legacy.

I recall my grandmother literally playing the words off of her copy of "I Left My Heart In San Francisco".

May he rest in peace.

Died to soon. Damn you, Pfizer.

Seemed like a decent person, but he is one of those people that was always old for as long as I can recall so not sure how big of an impact he was in his prime.

Performers can have highs and lows in their careers. I remember seeing him in the early/mid 1980's in an outdoor theatre at Hershey Park in Pennsylvania. He could sing.

It just occurred to me last night that Louis Armstrong originally sang What A Wonderful World not Tony, but Tony actually sung it too.

Died to soon. Damn you, Pfizer.

Seemed like a decent person, but he is one of those people that was always old for as long as I can recall so not sure how big of an impact he was in his prime.
What does Pfizer have to do with it? And he was 96. Died too soon? LOL what?

My parents liked "I Left My Heart In San Francisco".
Look at How Rome Has Recovered From Dark-Ages Destruction

That's the way San Francisco used to be until the born-rich slime from Berserkely wrecked it. We must honor Tony's memory by taking it back, instead of deserting the key centers of America by running away to safe spaces in small towns.

96 years is a good run. Even moreso when you created something that people enjoyed RIP. His songs are so iconic, he will never really die in the hearts & minds of those his music touched.

Forum List

Back