RNC Report Finds Voters Think GOP Is 'Scary'

I agree that the GOP has become very, very scary and I was a life-long Republican till 2006.

It's that to be a Republican we are coerced and castigated into defending grotesquely immoral and impractical behaviors and ideas:

-- that we should engage in ten-year forever wars in sandpit hellholes on the other side of the planet of no conceivable national interest.

-- that these wars should not be real wars but social-work wars where we never, never really fight and win, just stay there losing and building up a huge deficit as we borrow trillions of dollars from China for the war.

-- to be a Republican we all have to support and cheer on torture. Torture 'em all! That's the patriotic way! I am old enough to remember when Americans were the people too noble to torture............I couldn't make that fast switch.

-- to be a Republican we all have to totally support Herman Cain and say that it's just FINE, FINE, I tell you, that he groped every blond woman under the table while they ate dinners with him at restaurants that he insisted on for them to ask for a job. And it was FINE, just FINE that he had a 15-year mistress and his wife wouldn't campaign for him.

-- to be a Republican we have to want Newt Gringrich and his unhappy harem -- HOW many wives is he up to by now? all in the White House as a model for how men are supposed to act toward their sundry assorted wives.

-- to be a Republican we all have to be antiwomen. Be in favor of rape and vote for senatorial candidates who show obvious support for rapists. Being antiwomen could be hard for me, a woman.

-- to be a Republican we have to want to immediately make war on Iran and North Korea and Pakistan and and and ---- Nuke 'em all!

-- to be a Republican I am supposed to believe that abortion is murder and women who have an abortion or miscarry should be tried for murder. And support all the Republican state legislatures that promote laws like that.

-- to be a Republican I have to totally support the NRA and all the crazies who buy assault rifles to kill lots of students, because it's so very important to our Constitutional Freedoms that we all be able to shoot however many people at the mall or high school we want to shoot.

No. Just ------- no. These people -- nearly all men by now since we women Republicans left -- are mean and crazy, and I'm out.

lol, another I was a Republican..:doubt:

That's right, I was, for decades, and I NEVER voted for a Dem president, unlike some people who say they are Republican but then they say they voted for five Dem presidential candidates.

But warmongering, hating women, and panting to torture everyone isn't attractive. It won't EVER be attractive.

The Republican party doesn't need work: this party needs switching out with Libertarians.

I think voters would flock to a new Libertarian main party, one of two ---

I'm not holding my breath for any positive change, however. I think the GOP will hang on grimly and slowly die out, getting meaner and more male and more elderly every year.

Don't worry, they are becoming Democrat lite just as you wish
they will pander and divide people as "groups" who are more important...then being the party that stands for, ALL THE PEOPLE

Don't worry, your role and influence in the party is being minimalized.

good, we can have a one party government and all be happy little slave for them

Hopefully, if we are going to be bankrupt because of Obammy's printing and spending, it will happen before the midterms. Then look out, Congress and get ready for some fiscal-minded conservatives to step up to the plate and save the future.

It's all about money folks. Can we continue to finance Obammy's agenda or do we cut some entitlements and create jobs and stop denying we have a "debt" problem.

The average voter is a low information person. They think in terms of 15 second sound bites. The democrats are over represented in the media and continually tell these low information, and slow thinking voters that the republicans are scary so these unthinkers believe it. Just like they now find vampires romantic, more like Heathcliffe than Dracula and zombies are fun loving hedonists. They used to be monsters under the bed. Media has transformed them. They transformed the GOP into the monster under the bed in the same way.

Well, the Tea Party is trying to fix what is wrong with the stuffy old men in the GOP and the communist party is trying to fix what's wrong with democrats. That's the way the system works. Meanwhile the Attorney General launches a scary operation that ships 3,000 illegal weapons to Mexican drug cartels and he can't answer whether the president has the "right" to blow up American people with drone missile strikes. That's pretty scary.

"Asked to describe Republicans, they said that the Party is 'scary,' 'narrow minded,' and 'out of touch' and that we were a Party of 'stuffy old men.'

The reason people said that is that the R party IS 'scary,' 'narrow minded,' and 'out of touch' and that we were a Party of 'stuffy old men.'

The Rs don't see it that way and all you have to do is listen to them talk to see they have no intention of changing.

Excellent post Circe and we see the same thing here. The R is anti-people, anti-America, anti-everything except the wealthy.

That's right, I was, for decades, and I NEVER voted for a Dem president, unlike some people who say they are Republican but then they say they voted for five Dem presidential candidates.

But warmongering, hating women, and panting to torture everyone isn't attractive. It won't EVER be attractive.

The Republican party doesn't need work: this party needs switching out with Libertarians.

I think voters would flock to a new Libertarian main party, one of two ---

I'm not holding my breath for any positive change, however. I think the GOP will hang on grimly and slowly die out, getting meaner and more male and more elderly every year.

I was Independent and often voted for Rs. Can't any more because they're all crazy radical nutters. Teepotters are loons and owned by big money. some call themselves "Libertarian" but they're not.

If the R stays the way it is now and has been for a long while now, they will continue to lose elections.

Republicans are pro rape and anti woman. But it's the democrats that sympathize with the poor Steubenville rapists.

Whatever it is that democrats accuse republicans of, they got the idea to make the accusation because democrats were actually doing it.

I agree that the GOP has become very, very scary and I was a life-long Republican till 2006.

bachmann-crazy-eyes.jpg

"....But, but, but....we're feeling much-better, now!!"

"Asked to describe Republicans, they said that the Party is 'scary,' 'narrow minded,' and 'out of touch' and that we were a Party of 'stuffy old men.'

The reason people said that is that the R party IS 'scary,' 'narrow minded,' and 'out of touch' and that we were a Party of 'stuffy old men.'

The Rs don't see it that way and all you have to do is listen to them talk to see they have no intention of changing.

Excellent post Circe and we see the same thing here. The R is anti-people, anti-America, anti-everything except the wealthy.

right, and the Democrats aren't filled with stuffy old men and women who are narrow minded, Pelosi, Biden, etc etc... but hey, they are saintly old people I guess and the Democrat don't need a change at all

In a related story via TMZ, a DNC Report finds that voters think Democrats are "soft around the middle".

Republicans are pro rape and anti woman. But it's the democrats that sympathize with the poor Steubenville rapists.

Whatever it is that democrats accuse republicans of, they got the idea to make the accusation because democrats were actually doing it.
As a Democrat and someone living 20 miles from Steubenville and far more aware of the facts of the case than dare I say anyone else you know, I resent that very, very much.

right, and the Democrats aren't filled with stuffy old men and women who are narrow minded, Pelosi, Biden, etc etc... but hey, they are saintly old people I guess and the Democrat don't need a change at all

I guess you hadn't heard......

Obama+Change+that+Works.jpg

The incredulous thing is the Tea Party crazies are still lamenting the fact that the GOP failed to bring the Bad Ass in the last two presidential elections! As if their warped message of fear hate and division was a winning one.

Let them form a third party. It will then be left to the Republican Party on its own, without the internal divisions, to re-brand themselves.

The average voter is a low information person. They think in terms of 15 second sound bites. The democrats are over represented in the media and continually tell these low information, and slow thinking voters that the republicans are scary so these unthinkers believe it. Just like they now find vampires romantic, more like Heathcliffe than Dracula and zombies are fun loving hedonists. They used to be monsters under the bed. Media has transformed them. They transformed the GOP into the monster under the bed in the same way.

Humph. I don't think vampires are romantic, but I DO think Republicans are zombies.

They are no longer under my bed, however.

If you all want to get back under America's bed, you need to get less scary, IMO.

The Republican National Committee (RNC) released its wide-ranging "autopsy" report on Monday, admitting some of its shortcomings after losing the 2012 presidential election.

Coined the Growth and Opportunity Project, the document includes market research from voter focus groups around the country.

"Asked to describe Republicans, they said that the Party is 'scary,' 'narrow minded,' and 'out of touch' and that we were a Party of 'stuffy old men.' This is consistent with the findings of other post-election surveys," the report states.

Hours before the report was live, RNC Chair Reince Priebus leveled about the GOP's struggles in an interview on CBS' "Face The Nation," telling host Bob Schieffer that the party did a "lousy job" of marketing itself.

RNC Growth And Opportunity Project Report: Voters See GOP As 'Scary,' 'Narrow Minded'

Its not the RNC's fault its the liberals fault...or the medias fault....or minorities fault....or

The incredulous thing is the Tea Party crazies are still lamenting the fact that the GOP failed to bring the Bad Ass in the last two presidential elections! As if their warped message of fear hate and division was a winning one.

Let them form a third party. It will then be left to the Republican Party on its own, without the internal divisions, to re-brand themselves.

yep, we should have one have the Republicans join the Democrat party who spreads hate, like a war on women... or who doesn't give a rats ass about all the children being aborted

sounds like a liberal utopia

Nope, not while they are winning they sure don't ----

Don't fix what ain't broken.

It's the Republicans that are broken, not the Democrats, at least while the Dems keep winning everything in sight.

Winning is what it's all about.

yep, we should have one have the Republicans join the Democrat party who spreads hate, like a war on women... or who doesn't give a rats ass about all the children being aborted

sounds like a liberal utopia
Poor delusional Stephanie. Is it your contention that someone who testifies before Congress for birth control to be added to a health care plan is a slut? Do you believe that, God forbid a woman is raped, that she has a biological device to shut down pregnancy, if and only if that rape is considered "legitimate"? Are you of the political belief that the government should not interfere with your personal life, unless you are pregnant? Who do you suppose holds these beliefs, Stephanie? Liberals?

You must because you keep beating that dead horse of a Liberal "war on women". Delusion makes for handy skirts to hide behind.

Forum List

Back