Roger Stone wants a Flynn/DeSantis ticket in 2024...“Trump fucking hates DeSantis. He just resents his popularity” a Trump aide said...Trump denies it

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
  • Banned
excerpts:

“Pompeo’s people are building up DeSantis as the leader of the Republican Party to piss Trump off,”

Part of Trump’s irritation with DeSantis is that Trump feels that DeSantis doesn’t give Trump enough credit for his rise. “Trump tells people, ‘I made Ron.’ Trump says that about a lot of people. But in this case, it’s actually true,” a prominent Republican said. (“He gives me good credit,” Trump told me.)

According to sources, then Congressman DeSantis cultivated Trump’s support during the 2018 gubernatorial election by hanging out at Trump’s Washington, D.C., hotel. “He asked me if I’d endorse him,” Trump recalled. For much of the primary, DeSantis trailed Florida agriculture commissioner Adam Putnam. But after Trump backed DeSantis in June, DeSantis zoomed 12 points ahead and went on to win by nearly 20 points. “The second I endorsed Ron, he blew through everybody,” Trump said.

Once in office, DeSantis irked Trump further by putting his political ambitions ahead of Trump’s demand for blind loyalty. According to a source, DeSantis announced publicly in the fall of 2019 that Trump would attend the Florida GOP’s annual statesman dinner before the White House signed off on the invitation, which effectively forced Trump to appear. Last year, I reported that DeSantis rejected Trump’s pleas to close Florida’s beaches as the pandemic raged. In the wake of the Surfside condo collapse in June, DeSantis and Trump clashed over Trump’s plan to hold a MAGA rally in Florida while the search for survivors continued. (Trump denied there was a dispute, but DeSantis didn’t attend the rally.)

“Heading into 2024, DeSantis is primed to push Trump off the throne,” former Trump adviser Sam Nunberg told me. “Trump surely sees this coming and will ultimately offer Governor DeSantis a joint ticket.”

If DeSantis’s star fizzles, a crowded field of candidates are jockeying to take his place. In the Senate, there’s 41-year-old Josh Hawley of Missouri, who voted against certifying the 2020 election and cheered the January 6 insurrectionists with a fist pump. Arkansas senator Tom Cotton, the GOP’s leading China hawk, is another name that gets bandied about. According to a source, Cruz has privately told people that he has the best shot at the 2024 nomination because he would have defeated Trump if former Ohio governor John Kasich hadn’t stayed in the 2020 primary. Cruz didn’t respond to a request for comment.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Trump needs to keep grifting his supporters. You think private planes pay for themselves?

• Banned
" Trump is fueled by a desire for revenge as much as he is by a desire to win. The nightmare scenario for Republicans is that Trump doesn’t run and sabotages the Republican nominee to punish Mitch McConnell and other party leaders for not endorsing his big lie. It’s happened before. Trump told people he wanted Republicans Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue to lose the 2021 Georgia special election so that Democrats would control the Senate. “Trump thought he’d be much more influential if McConnell was in the minority,” a Trump confidant said. Trump denied this and said it was McConnell’s fault Democrats won in Georgia. “Because of the stupidity of Mitch McConnell, the two senators lost.”"

Forum List

Back