Ron DeSantis banned lessons on racism in Florida public schools. ‘Freedom schools’ fill the gaps

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Freedom schools, which originally started in Mississippi in 1964, have seen a resurgence as a result of DeSantis’s policies, with schools being spread throughout the nation. Six ASALH branches and affiliated groups have launched schools in Florida, with additional schools in Dallas, Indianapolis and Urbana-Champaign.

The work these schools do is laudable but the correct place for these lessons is in the actual school. Black folk pay taces but their story is being squeezed out of public life.

Its bizzare that in this day and age schools can openly teach racism.
I guess that there is no option for the federal govt to step in and restore sanity ?

The status quo is an affront to civil rights.

Freedom schools, which originally started in Mississippi in 1964, have seen a resurgence as a result of DeSantis’s policies, with schools being spread throughout the nation. Six ASALH branches and affiliated groups have launched schools in Florida, with additional schools in Dallas, Indianapolis and Urbana-Champaign.

The work these schools do is laudable but the correct place for these lessons is in the actual school. Black folk pay taces but their story is being squeezed out of public life.

I guess that there is no option for the federal govt to step in and restore sanity ?

This is fake news.

I am sure this law was implemented to keep drag queens from reading to kids w/o the consent of their parents.

But the way our nation is founded, laws have to apply to everyone equally. We do not favor anyone for special exclusionary discrimination or treatment, unlike Britain, where the aristocracy is "better," than the lower classes and have special rules and laws for themselves. :rolleyes:

I viewed the permission form.

91ay4d.jpg

As always, the Guardian is aligned with the Royal House of Britain, and they are always trying to subvert our nation. . . still butt hurt about losing their colonies.

Sorry you don't understand that Americans value their families and privacy over the power of the STATE & King Tommy. Now go fuck off.

91ayin.jpg

This is the time to agree with you. Not teaching students about racism and that racism is unacceptable, that makes more racist people.

This is the time to agree with you. Not teaching students about racism and that racism is unacceptable, that makes more racist people.
teaching "the majesty of black history" is racism unless such teaching is balanced by
the "majesty of mexican history" and the
"majesty of Appalachian history" and the
"majesty of gypsy history" and the "majesty if Australian history" ..................... Such BS should be confined to parochial schools

Forum List

Back