🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ronda Rousey: Can ANY Woman Beat Her ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
It took me a long time before I could watch women fighting in the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship). I know it's a great sport combining various martial arts (judo, ju jitso, boxing, etc), but especially having raised two daughters of my own, I cringe seeing women fighting, getting hit in the face, and seeing blood on them makes me want to jump into the TV screen and pull them out of that ring (octagon).

I guess repetition does have its effect though, and after a while now, I've gotten used to it. So all that being said, we have a woman champion (Ronda Rousey) who, after 10 fights and undefeated, is the woman's bantamweight (135 lbs) champion of the UFC. She doesn't really look so tough, but she is built strong and has expert fighting SKILLS.

It's been said that some of the women she's beaten are more well rounded, but Ronda has one big weapon. The arm bar. Everybody knows it coming, but no one seems to be able to stop it, and it wins every bout. The victim of it has a choice. Surrender or take a broken arm which will end the fight anyway.

So here's the question. Can ANY WOMAN IN THE WORLD in this weight class, beat Ronda Rousey ? If so, step up.

images

Ronda Rousey

Women's MMA just doesn't have enough competition. I don't know if anyone will be able to beat her anytime soon because there just aren't many good female competitors to put up against her.

Hopefully that will change. The UFC adding women to their roster was a big deal, and they've had them on the Ultimate Fighter show, so perhaps we're seeing the kind of growth in women's MMA that will make it a more competitive part of the sport.

Women's MMA just doesn't have enough competition. I don't know if anyone will be able to beat her anytime soon because there just aren't many good female competitors to put up against her.

Hopefully that will change. The UFC adding women to their roster was a big deal, and they've had them on the Ultimate Fighter show, so perhaps we're seeing the kind of growth in women's MMA that will make it a more competitive part of the sport.

I was asking the question not just about women who are now in the UFC, but also women all around the world who just regard themselves as strong and tough, and maybe able to go into the UFC and deal. What do you say, all you tough gals out there ?

Sadly, MMA has passed its peak and is coasting down into a niche interest. It had a lot of potential, but...

Sadly, MMA has passed its peak and is coasting down into a niche interest. It had a lot of potential, but...

Maybe it's (past) time for UFC to discard PPV, and let everyone tune in. Most people I know say they won't pay a dime for PPV, no matter who they're showing.

Forum List

Back